Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently waiting on the boat to take it to Ireland!
I had been bidding on stock Bb's and then saw this one come up and had to have it. Its a 2003 and I hope to have it on the road here next month or early October.

At the moment Im just trying to find out as much information on it as possible and to start getting some parts together before it arrives, I have an FN2 Type R civic as a daily driver so I'd like to mod the Bb and make it something special.

I dont like the chrome mirrors so they'll definitely be going, and I'd like to get a stock looking spoiler on there too and possibly change the rear tail lights to led's and Im unsure about the wheels for the time being too.

I'll update this thread with more pictures ect when it arrives!

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to get some engine work done and have a nice little wolf in sheep's clothing but its going to depend on how easy/hard it is to get hold of parts for it over here.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
WOW! Congrats! Probably the coolest bB you can possibly get. I really like the wheels. 16's?
If you get it can you please post the pn# of the ECU- there was some discussion on here recently regarding the upgraded TRD computer that this car is supposed to have.

·
I'm Marcel NOT Stenger
10,639 Posts
Congrats on yhe new ride. Im pretty sure the mirrors are just covers but even if they are they might not be in very good shape after ripping them off the oem mirrors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm taking a guess the owner just removed the radio and fitted a blanking plate. Japanese radios won't work on our bands here so I would have needed a new one either ways.

Yep the wheels are 16's, I'f I can't get a picture of the p/n I'll take it when I get the car.

I'm abit worried about the supposedly modified ecu. Unleaded petrol in Ireland is a max of 95ron or E5 Which is allegedly 98 Ron but even so a lot of jap performance cars suffer from knock on our fuel without a remap.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm sure you are a great guy but damn you haha.... I'm super jealous... I'm moving to Ireland guys haha

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I'm taking a guess the owner just removed the radio and fitted a blanking plate. Japanese radios won't work on our bands here so I would have needed a new one either ways.

Yep the wheels are 16's, I'f I can't get a picture of the p/n I'll take it when I get the car.

I'm abit worried about the supposedly modified ecu. Unleaded petrol in Ireland is a max of 95ron or E5 Which is allegedly 98 Ron but even so a lot of jap performance cars suffer from knock on our fuel without a remap.
interesting. never really read up on bB stuff that much. love the interior though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that thing is awesome. Shame on Toyota for not giving up cool options.
Can you guys not import cars from Japan into the USA? Apart from the steering wheel being on the wrong side would there be much to it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
There is so much stuff to why we cannot import vehicles. It's dumb. Safety reasons and nhsta and EPA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! Just had a look at yours there and its sweet!
Were did you get your spoiler?

·
SUSPNJNKY
5,599 Posts
is that a 1NZ-GTE?

·
SUSPNJNKY
5,599 Posts
hmmm interesting so much I would like to learn! well it seems like it's just a turbocharged 1NZ-FE, but 150hp is pretty respectable

1 - 20 of 113 Posts