Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home for the Scinergy meeting and got a call from my girlfriend Kelly. She sounded upset and I told her I was just turning onto our street. She said she would meet me out front.

When I got there she told me that the neighbor girl had received an emergency call about her boyfriend and bolted out to her car. She hung a u turn and hit Kelly's Camry...

Turned out to be a bad night for her. :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
That sucks. Seems like the girl wasn't thinking hopped in her car and did a stupid turn and hit your girlfriend. Is your girlfriend alright?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's fine. I guess I should have mentioned Kelly was asleep in bed when this accident happen.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
hey man sorry to hear that, obviously some people bribed the people at the dmv. Too many people out there not paying attention.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just tell her it is customized now. "Custom by Crunch"

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our neighbor came through with her insurance information today and we will file a claim after the holiday. I'm hoping that the body shop will be able to make it look as good as new. Kelly has had some really bad luck with getting hit and this is just one more in a long list of accidents that were not her fault. She's drving my Blazer for the weekend so you can understand my trepidation until Tusday. :eek: Just kidding, I'm sure everythink will work out fine.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
high surf

glad everyone is safe, and her camery will get fixed too. try to enjoy the holiday's and watch out for idiots. must we sleep w/one eye open :rolleyes: to many people react before thinking

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Jeez, people these days. I'm pretty sure they can get the car lookin' sweet again.

My girl was rear ended in her tC, and it didn't appear to be as bad until you got up on it. It had bent the body/frame ever so slightly knocking the price up to 3500. By the looks of what you have, I'd say it's about that, if not more.

I hope everything works out man, it's a shame that they give the 'absent minded' the privilege to drive these days....

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
thats sucks, but good thing that she was not in the car!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
jeez glad to hear she wasn't in the car. time for her to get and xb!! or maybe she should body kit the camry. lol

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Man that sucks!

Tell Kelly we’re sorry about the Camry. I’m no expert, but at least it looks repairable.

Of course a nice shiny box might be a harder target. . .

You said the girl got an emergency call? Not that it excuses her carelessness, but it does make it a little more understandable. Did she own up to it right away? Or did you have to track her down? We all screw up at times, what matters is how we deal with our mistakes. Just sorry Kelly was on the receiving end of this one.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tell Kelly we’re sorry about the Camry. I’m no expert, but at least it looks repairable.

Of course a nice shiny box might be a harder target. . .

You said the girl got an emergency call? Not that it excuses her carelessness, but it does make it a little more understandable. Did she own up to it right away? Or did you have to track her down? We all screw up at times, what matters is how we deal with our mistakes. Just sorry Kelly was on the receiving end of this one.
She (Gretchen) was cool about everything. She called her roommate and had him tell Kelly what was going on. She's provided all the insurance info and Kelly picked up a rental car today. (07 Camry) We weren't too upset about how it happen, accidents are called that for a reason.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to talk Kelly into a new Box but after one day in the '07 Camry I think she'll be trading in the '06. The new body style is awesome and it's just screaming for a set of lowering springs. :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
That really sucks, next year will be better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.