Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the tail lights off and painted the inside of the lenses. I took some pics and here's a write-up.

I was inspired by some threads on here where others have done the same mod, and I liked the look alot better than most of the aftermarket lights I have seen. I really didnt like the stock look, and this seemed to be a real good idea. Here are some pics of the mod in progress.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the before and after :D

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
was it hard geting the lights off. do you have to go throuh the back or outside. i never worked on my car and would love to do this mood without messing it up.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PUNISHER said:
was it hard geting the lights off. do you have to go throuh the back or outside. i never worked on my car and would love to do this mood without messing it up.
Getting the lights off was easy, 2 nuts each. Getting the lenses off was easy too, just baked at 200* for about 6 minutes and popped them off. As for the masking, I just cut some scrap vinyl I had laying around, and used that. The rest is just painting and re-assembly.

iheartmyxb said:
how long did that take u?
It didnt take but a few minutes for dis-assembly, the long part was masking, then of course waiting for the paint to dry. Total time was about 1.5 hours, then another 4 for the paint to set up enough for re-assembly.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really like the new look. Those bright white lenses just didn't look right on my black paint. You should have seen my wife's face when she saw me putting my tail lights in the oven LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.