Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to make a new thread but you can't change the thread title so i'm just gonna make a new one. anyway here's the new light since the other one didn't go over too well with most people. plus with this one i was able to use the light inside of it and that helps cause haveing no dome light really sucks.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I like that one better than the first one. Looks good!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Padanky said:
I like that one better than the first one. Looks good!

I agree! The first one wasn't that nice, this one is more impressive.:p

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
how does it react to railroad tracks, etc?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Padanky said:
how does it react to railroad tracks, etc?
so far so good i used th original screw holes that the original dome light was in and it doesn't rattle so i think it should be fine for the long run.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Why stop there? Why not a chandelier? Actualy, between the light fixture and the shifter knob, it really reminds me more and more of the old apartment I used to live in in Brooklyn. It's wild and crazy but ... why not!
Enjoy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you realize what a safety hazard that thing is? Hell, a minor fender bender will send the glass alone flying into somebodies head....and not to sound mean...but it just looks rediculous.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GINGER said:
That is really awesome. How did you go about doing that? Was it difficult?
it was really easy actually i used the two holes that the original dome light screwed into and the hole in the new fixture were the same space apart so i didn't have to drill anything. I did have to file open one of the other holes though to get the domelight wires through so it would work inside the new one. As for the safety issue i would like to know how it would be one? you are the tenth person to say that but no one says how. i mean the fixture is screwed into the roof of the car and these things are designed to be in houses where earthquakes happen so i don't think it will fall. i can see maybe if i roll the car it might be a problem but other than that i dont see a problem.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FrankenScion said:
At least you didn't use the boob light. :)
HEY!! there was no need to bring that up again.:p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.