Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats right. the chocolate rocket is down.

i was driving to work today and not even 2 miles from my house the car shuddered hard and shut off. i tried to restart it and smoke poured everywhere and shut off. i coast to a stop on teh side of the highway and when i stop there is oil EVERYWHERE in the engine bay and oil is pouring out the bottom of the car. its EVERYWHERE i cant stress that enough. so im stuck on the side of the road. its raining. tractor trailers passing by inches away. fun morning right?

anyway i have it towed to team toyota where i bought it from and teh service guy calls:

"there is a SOFTBALL SIZED HOLE IN THE BLOCK"

they are giving me a new engine under warranty and a rental car til its fixed. the car is only a year and a half old and the engine just turned 25,000 miles.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
wow, that sucks.

thats cool that they are replacing the engine for you.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Dustin, I know you were late for work, so how much were you boosting? Or how many shots of NoS did you use!?!

I'm joking, I'm joking. Fior those who don't know, I've known Dustin for a while.

I'm glad everything is working out!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Damn street racers! I bet it was the paint job that screwed up the engine. Either that or the body kit. Made the engine go kablooey!

I wouldnt cover it under warranty. Its your fault Dustin.

What kinda rental car did you get? Sucks to hear the chocolate rocket is down. Best of luck on getting it back in a timely matter!

Scotty

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
squirrel said:
Dustin, I know you were late for work, so how much were you boosting? Or how many shots of NoS did you use!?!

I'm joking, I'm joking. Fior those who don't know, I've known Dustin for a while.

I'm glad everything is working out!
haha brad, you know its rough having the worlds only 1000whp xB with custom painted pistons and everything. it was only a matter of time before i grenaded it :p

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
wow , wish I only had 25,000 miles. lol. sorry bro. surprised they warrantied it since the problem was from something off the road most probably

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
sucks to hear ... but I have to ask ..... ANY PICS??? :eek: :D :eek:

good to hear they're going to replace it though. Wish I was at 25k in a year and a half. I'm about the same timeframe with 40k :(

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
^^^someone had to ask^^^ (love it)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha i only have one pic... you can see how tiny a bB is compared to a sienna minivan hahahaaha

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
off topic, but thats not rain, its tears from Dustin watching his baby roll off to the dealership. i still think you shoulda just JB welded that shiz. woulda held at least another week or two! if the JB weld didnt work, you always had duct tape as a back up!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ScionScotty said:
off topic, but thats not rain, its tears from Dustin watching his baby roll off to the dealership. i still think you shoulda just JB welded that shiz. woulda held at least another week or two! if the JB weld didnt work, you always had duct tape as a back up!

Don't forget the zip-ties!

Sad to see it rolling like that!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
its not susposed to look like that. is it?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i believe piston rods stay inside the engineblock...

·
Registered
361 Posts
not quite a softball size hole. but yeat at least you'll be getting a brand new engine. did they specifiy if your getting a long block or a short block?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah softball sized is what they told me on the phone. thre is another hole in the block somewhere though. i couldnt get a picture of it.

they are giving me a new shortblock. either way its free!!! haha

·
Registered
66 Posts
sucks dude. Were you just running the intake, header and exhaust? No crank pulley?

Im surprised they warrantied it.

Be honest, do you drive the car hard at all?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
DUDE!! You don't mess around, do you?!

Guess your block went out with a "bang." (Sorry D, couldn't resist.)

Glad to know you'll be up and running soon. Speaking of which, what kind of turn time have they given you?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.