Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dome light mod! Pics of the other mod now up. I couldn't wait any longer!

well it just a little mod but i don't believe i've seen anyone else do this yet so here it is. i decided to paint my dome light cover but i also shave the letter that were in it. real easy and real cheap. too bad i won't have it in for long as i plan to do another mod to the dome light which i am 100% sure no has ever done.:eek: i should have it done in about 2 weeks. anyway here the pic of the current domelight.

Okay i was gonna wait till i had the interior lights put in next week but i couldn't wait to put it in any longer so here it is. Everybody be honest and let me know what you all think!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Very nice James!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
sid said:
some bB owner put a mini chandelier, made out of crystals. look really nice.
I want to do it, but my kids will start pulling it, so I scrap the idea.
Hey I was just about to say that I wanted to do that, but don't know where to look.

BTW, James, that looks good! Was it easy to do and what did you use to install it?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay i took down the light and went with the other one. chandeliers were about $100 so i'll have to wait on gettin one of those. i'll have new pics in a couple of days or so.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I won't pay $100 for those. try going to Michael's, or any crafts and hobby store.
look for some fake crystals, and DIY. The hardest part(if its really hard) is to fabricate a mounting base.
try checking some garage/yard sale too for some of those fancy lamp. sometimes they sell those for less than $10, you just need to get the crystals and improvise.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I was at a friends apartment yesterday and looked up and "BAM" there it was, your dome light!

·
Registered
659 Posts
bro do what ever turns u on if i'd listen to other s my ride would still be stock Yellow omc

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.