Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO NEED TO PAY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR A COLD AIR THAT REALLY ISN'T THAT COLD ANYWAY. (Sorry I'm just a tuner on a budget find anyway to get the same performance for a FRACTION of the price.)

Alright so back in the day I was bored out of my mind so I decided to buy this foil hosing thing that we had at my shop. I think it's used for intakes usually so anyway and then I got a JURAN Funnel for the end of it which is the blue thing you see in the picture. So what I did was I cut the stock short ram thing that pulls air from wheel well area and threw it away. Then I shoved the foil tubing inside the stock housing. Then the Juran Funnel screwed on the other end and BAM my COLDER air intake system STREET LEGAL. Only a few people have noticed the blue thing in my front grille but it's not too obvious just the way I like it. But now the secret is out. I would say that I am probably sucking the coldest air that I could possibly suck. You can feel the suction when you put your hand in front of it and mess with the throttle cable. And it sounds just like a cold air when I shut off the engine. Then I have the Blitz Induction Intake system but all I do is use the Blitz Induction Filter. So here are the pics. If you want to do it and have any questions hit me up. Hope this can help someone that is looking to get a $200.00 intake system and think twice.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is awesome lunch box. but this will be a dumb question but what if it rains will the water get in there?
AHHH Great question young grasshopper. but you see the foil tubing is flexible so when it rains just move it to where a regular cold air intake would be located in the wheel well it's like a slinky essentially and you can shrink the length too so it's not dangling towards the ground but yeah I was thinking the same thing before I did it.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I'm Digging it.........Was thinking about throwing the stock air box back on for several reasons and now I just might....Thanks....anymore pics you want to share would be great

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
ahh i see. this is like mcguyver-ish. awesome lunch box. is the foil tubing the same as what you use for the Clothes Dryers? and would that be cool if you can attach a filter just in case if something does go in there it'll prevent it just to be on the safe side, nah mean?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Looks like you have another Home Depot mod...I love it! Just watch out for the rain thing. ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you have another Home Depot mod...I love it! Just watch out for the rain thing. ;)
Yeah the rain thing was my concern but once it starts raining or if I know it's gonna rain I have to remember to re-route the tubing. One time I pulled over on the freeway to do it. hahahahaha.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool mod! I did that to my integra before, but I dont wanna do any engine mods to my box.
Yeah i didn't want to do any either that's why I haven't put on a muffler or I did but took it off. But this was a simple mod and didn't cost me much at all. So I did it. Am in the process right now of taking off the front bumper so I will take more pics in a minute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.