Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Friday Mark and a few friends and my GF were on the way out to Hollywood to see my friend Wai for his B-day and I get a call from my Dad saying that my Camry was hit on the street in front of my house and the car is totaled.

In shocked at first of what had happened I just told me dad to get tow truck and they towed it away.

The driver that hit the car had taken off making this a hit at run and only ONE witnesss came forth and gave a description of the car but not plate # or any other information.

My car was hit and pushed into another car and my car ended up on the sidewalk agaist a wall.

How the DRIVER got away is beyond me with the damage to my car. His must have been pretty F'd up as well.

Here are some pics my dad took.. but the best ones are the one from the tow yard.
Total LOSS... I only had liability on this car since it was only worth about 2k.. I had UM (uninsured Motorist) but the driver got away so its a no can do on that.

Sold it to my Dads friend that owns a junk yard which just covered the tow and storage fee.

Here are the pics

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
thats some crazy ass sh*t... ive been there.. done that.. some one hit my box and tried to get away.. but i boxed in his car... so he had no way of leaving.. f'd up thing.. he had no insurance or license... good thing i had full cover..

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
wow!

The pics police thank you good citizen for the great pictures.

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
ummm, wow. yeah i wonder how the driver got away, especially with that much damage done.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Damn, that blows. It would either have to have been an SUV, or an earlier model car made with heavier steel. I'm thinking early 90's Caprice, mid 80's crown vic/grand marquis, shoot, even an 80's cutlass coulda done that. I'd keep your eyes peeled for any recently damaged older vehicles in your area.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Damn, how the hell did the other guy get away!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well from what I heard from the CHP is that it was a Silver Truck..... Dont know the year or the model..

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
The whole right side of the truck should be ****'d.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Can we say Drunk Driver...........Wow that had to be some old american steel

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your Camry. I hope they can catch the person who did that. You did make my girlfriend feel better though. Her Camry was hit a few months ago parked in front of our house, but after looking at yours she's glad she didn't have as much damage.

Best thing is, you weren't driving in it and have that kind of damage.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
that sux, at least no one was hurt and it was not your box!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.