Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me if anyone else has had this happen please.

I missed my turn in Roswell and rather than turn down another street and come back up, I made a u-turn. My box decided it did not like that and every stability light come on, on the dash. I had to turn off the engine for about thirty minutes so it could calm down and realize that I was not going to tip it over.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Scary!

I’ve never heard of that problem before. I pull a u-turn nearly everyday and I’ve never had an issue. (I usually feel superior to the huge SUVs with their huge turning radius. We have this stupid spot in my neighborhood where everyone does it.)

A few questions:
About how fast were you going?
Manual or automatic?
Did you have the TRAC system turned on (button by your side mirror adjustments)?
Weather conditions?

I don’t have a clue, but maybe one of our resident gurus will. If no one has any ideas I say take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
did you go very fast?

that happened to me when i was going downhill and there was a turn ahead. i didnt slow down while turning. then suddenly, i noticed that i was going way too fast, so i step on the brake lightly. i can tell that the car wants to flip over, then VSC light turned on and it beeps. scary crap.

so without the VSC, i wouldn't be alive now. haha

·
Registered
520 Posts
When i'm corning real hard and at high speeds...mine will cut on and start beeping...its just detecting that your tires or slipping and maybe even possibly going to slip....but it never stays on just cuts off once the tire stop slipping....

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Mine has gotten rather excited a few times, but only as long as the conditions I've put it in are beyond what it likes, and it feels it has had to 'assist' me in keeping the shiny side up. I've never had it's complaints last more than the few seconds it takes for things to get back to 'normal.'

Tomas

·
Registered
199 Posts
mcgrawm7-remember when it was really stormy in the end of june here in ABQ? i had the same problem and i just waited for it to turn off and it was fine, i think that any time that xb's slide the dash lights up and it beeps.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
My ex-girlfriends TC did something like that, had to shut it off and restart. I don't no any of the details.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Liesjemt said:
I’ve never heard of that problem before. I pull a u-turn nearly everyday and I’ve never had an issue. (I usually feel superior to the huge SUVs with their huge turning radius. We have this stupid spot in my neighborhood where everyone does it.)
I know EXACTLY where you're talking about! I don't turn there anymore, I just hate having to fight the oncoming traffic to do it, so I just go to the light now and go around ... turning there really sucked when we had the van. Now it's just a nuisance. Plus, I've seen too many accidents there, and one that involved a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow, I saw a motorcycle accident there too! I still turn there though, I just wait for a good opening. Personally, I’m more concerned about the psychotic traffic on Sandy Dr than the U turn. And yes, for those wondering, Angie & I live near each other -- at least for another week or so. We’ll miss you guys!

·
Registered
520 Posts
ok well today i tried to make mine do that and couldn't...it was dry hasn't rained in a few days...me and two buddys....they were in there cars one in a se-r spec-v and the other in a wrx sti.....we stayed above 60 on this road and i kept traction control on and i made the rear end slide out on one curve(on purpose) i was in control....my traction lights and dash beeps went off but as soon as traction was gain it stopped immediately....so i don't know whats up with that happening i would deff. take it to the dealer though....happy driving and stay safe out there....oo and p.s. these cars are a-may-za-zing on the back roads....i love it.....but don't go drivin the roads like a crazed maniac unless you are comfortable with the road and car....me and my friends do this around our town every sunday for hours....

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
backseatchris said:
agh! your signature freezes my work computer Oner lol
Did you flag it, Chris? (
)

Tomas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.