Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tuesday afternoon i was drivin to go pick up my sister at work and it is raining alot.but i dont really worry about that.then i get to this place where its kinda flooded so i drive in a parking lot thats parrallel to the road.while im driving there in the lot everything around me gets flooded and my car stalls.and well i poke my head out the window and the water is rising pretty quick and then i notice that its starting to flood inside..so i had to jump out the window and abandon my car for like 15 or 20 min so i can find someone to help me push it out of the water.can u believe noone stopped to help me push it out.well anyway when i push it out of the water with the help of a guy that i asked to help i try to start it and it doesnt start.so i move it,park it, and abandon it again and go home.i get there about two hours later and everything is completely dry but my car still wont start.so i waited 2 hours for a tow truck to come and tow it because apparently there were alot of cars flooded that day.i let my car dry off for a day and then this morning i go out to vacuum up all the water and to try to start it agian and it doesnt start.i notice that my cai's filter is soaked.so i take it out and put in my oem intake and now i need a jumpstart.and after vacuuming about 5-10 gallons of water from my car its still really wet.so im gonna take out the seats and take out the carpets so i can get under and really dry it up.alot of work done just to get bak to how it was before.but i think i might get a new carpet made with a different color.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
yah, when I lived in houston my box almost got flooded, but I was lucky enough to get behind a semi truck that diverted the water from my path....

new carpet in a diff color would be SO COOL!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Whoa that's crazy!! I'd be really scared if my Box almost got flooded.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Your insurance will take care of everything, you just have to come up with the deductable.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
if it strill won't start you may have hydrolocked your motor and possibly ruined it. new motor time. ! it's a good thing.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
drop in a minicooper motor! (if it will even fit....)

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm an attorney and I represented a client in Dallas whose car flooded due to the negligence of a construction contractor whose work on a Dallas street caused it to flood (much more than normal) during some really heavy rain here. I don't know if that was anything like your scenario, but I was able to get them to pay for her car. Oddly enough, she bought another car (a really cool old Cadillac) and moved to New Orleans right before Katrina to go to college there. Her car ended up under like ten feet of water. Talk about bad luck....

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your car. I hope that it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Jesus hubbard, let me know if they move to Iowa and I'll move elsewhere! Sounds like a bad luck charm to me!

Anyway, the damage to your xB DJ is not covered under warranty. It was caused by an environmental condition (just like a car wreck) and will be covered by your insurance if you have full coverage as was previously mentioned.

Take it in and have it looked at by a professional before you do anything else with it. Also, I suggest using a dessecant to help dry the interior. You can buy this stuff at the hardware store and it works very well.

Good luck!

-Alex

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Engines are vacuums, they suck in what ever, air or water through the filter and try to squeeze it, air compresses and water does NOT. So if you sucked in enough water, and it tried to compress it well say BYE BYE to that engine. All the other fluids will need to be changed as well. Computer might be toast as well, electronics and water dont mix well at all. Insurance may not junk the car, the engine cant be that much.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ouch that sucks. i had a near flood expierence about a month ago where it got stuck in the water, but didnt stall yet. had to wait for an SUV to get a wave to push me foward enough.

yesterday i hydroplaned about a dozen times on my 180 mile drive back to bellevue. talk about scary! almost caught a guardrail on my back pass. side too. :( ive just come to realize the fact that if its snowing or raining, i really shouldnt go outside :(

scotty

·
Registered
501 Posts
Damn, Scotty, purty scary stuff!

I used to think I could drive in any weather, but I learned the hard way to be more careful. A little car like the xB wouyld skitter all over the road in serious rain, I would think.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
ScionScotty said:
ouch that sucks. i had a near flood expierence about a month ago where it got stuck in the water, but didnt stall yet. had to wait for an SUV to get a wave to push me foward enough.

yesterday i hydroplaned about a dozen times on my 180 mile drive back to bellevue. talk about scary! almost caught a guardrail on my back pass. side too. :( ive just come to realize the fact that if its snowing or raining, i really shouldnt go outside :(

scotty
Wow that's crazy! Glad you're ok..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.