Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night a deer ran out of some tall grass and hit the side of my car. I am just sick. I have taken such good care of this thing. The xB was in showroom condition with just 10,200 miles on it. This sucks. Was I drinking? Yes. I had just finished a 20 ounce coffee and was blazing along at about 30 mph on one of my favorite 2 lanes!:(

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The piece of plastic in the fog light hole is gone(along with the uninjured deer!). The passenger front door has a dent and the rear pass door has some dings.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sucks to hear...

·
Registered
194 Posts
considering the amount of damage the deer could have done... the box came out pretty good! know it doesn't make it any better for you, but I've seen first hand what those animals can do to a car :(

Like was said, dentless repair can most likely be done... good luck

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do insurance companies feel about hitting animals? The dumb thing came running out of tall grass and even though I was going relatively slow(30-35) I had no time to avoid a collision with it. I was like it was aiming for me...

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
yeah thats not a great feeling, having damaged done to yur ride, sorry bro.
i just had to replace my front windshield just last thursday.

after being careful for couple of years, then i git a little rock chip on the freeway then a huge crack down the middle!

at least i had the windshield replaced within 12hrs. and done with.

hope you git yo xB worked on soon.
keep us informed on how things go.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ChromiumSteel said:
How do insurance companies feel about hitting animals? The dumb thing came running out of tall grass and even though I was going relatively slow(30-35) I had no time to avoid a collision with it. I was like it was aiming for me...

some companies are cool about it and some are just plain dix, not sure who your insured with, but hopefully your with one of the good ones. before you call them, take a look at your policy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
we have Liberty also, but have only been with them a short while though.

it should fall under your comprehesive coverage. you'll have to pay whatever your deductible is and then they should take care of the rest.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
I have State Farm $0 deduct on comp (I live in OR too). LOL Damm Deer seem to come outa nowhere. But hitting a deer is covered under comp. If you have $250 or more prolly cheaper to fix it yourself form what I can tell in pics. My insurance lady says she has hit 7 deer in the last few yrs. so she keeps 0 deduct now. She say most companys are good at getting it fix for ya.
Don't know how it will effect your policy cost in future though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Supposedly comp claims don't effect your insurance rates. At least thats what my insurance guy told me when I hit a deer with my Metro. Yes the deer lived and I even think it gave me the finger as it ran off.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
$2300.00 - 8 days. The shop that does appraisals for Liberty said they always approve deer hits. I took such good care of this thing. My kids had started calling it "Princess"!!! Someone just shoot me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.