Scion xB Forum banner

my 2012 scion XB mileage is a joke . last week i went from full tank to 3/4 tank in only 24 miles. This week it did the same thing. I do mostle

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Wife's Mechanic 
#1 ·
my 2012 gas mileage is a joke, im getting about 120 miles on a full tank.
Im going to change the air filter and add injection cleaner for a start, or should i just got to the shop?

#2 ·
air filter, oil change, plugs, maf.....make sure you don't have a brake that is dragging, no wheel bearing issues, tires aired up. not saying any one of those would cause that much loss but just do all the cheap maint and checks associated with mpg first. look under car and make sure hose going from filler to tank is dry but if gas was leaking anywhere you'd probably smell it or see stain on ground even if dried up. If your fuel filter was dirty enough to cause that much mpg loss i think you'd have a code. if your cat was getting that bad i think there would be a code. if your coils were bad you'd have a code. evap won't cause that much mpg loss but there'd be a code. how is oil consumption? do you go oil change to oil change without having to be adding oil?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.