Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few hiccups I finally have the turbo kit installed. It was not a bolt on kit as described. The quality of 60 percent of it was good. The main issue was the bracket for the waste gate actuator put it into the fire wall. The other major issue was the drain for the turbo dumps on top of the cross exhaust pipe. I had to machine a 90 degree fitting and hard pipe the drain line to allow clearance. I also installed a oil restrictor to reduce the pressure to the turbo the kit did not come with this but for longevity of the turbo I would recommend it. The other three things I changed I ordered AN fittings for the fuel line. I did not feel comfortable using hose clamps that they sent. I made my own aluminum mounts for the intercooler out on aluminum angle and bolted it to the steel portion of the bumper with rubber isolators for the vibration. The last thing I changed was the waste gate actuator I purchased an aftermarket one with interchangeable springs. I put the .5 bar spring in to start with. It will need the 1.0 or 1.5 to get it to the maximum boost of 8-10 pounds. As of right now performance from 2500-5000 rpm is amazing this is with only 3 pounds of boost. Toyota should have turboed these cars from the factory. As of right now I drive this car every day back in forth to work on the interstate for 30 miles each direction. Before the turbo merging in traffic was a death sentence. Now once it is spooled up it doesn't down shift and from 50-90 is like driving light weight sports car. Remember this is with only 3 pounds of boost. Off the line i still need to do some work. The lag is terrible a lot of this is attributed to where my air cleaner is located. The plan is to pipe this to the inlet in the front bumper and change the waste gate spring out.Then I can dyno tune it. I just needed to get it back drivable so I can dial it in a little as I go. I will post more updates in the future.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Gas Auto part
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Car
Automotive parking light Grille Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Car
Automotive parking light Grille Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bicycle part

·
Registered
176 Posts
After a few hiccups I finally have the turbo kit installed. It was not a bolt on kit as described. The quality of 60 percent of it was good. The main issue was the bracket for the waste gate actuator put it into the fire wall. The other major issue was the drain for the turbo dumps on top of the cross exhaust pipe. I had to machine a 90 degree fitting and hard pipe the drain line to allow clearance. I also installed a oil restrictor to reduce the pressure to the turbo the kit did not come with this but for longevity of the turbo I would recommend it. The other three things I changed I ordered AN fittings for the fuel line. I did not feel comfortable using hose clamps that they sent. I made my own aluminum mounts for the intercooler out on aluminum angle and bolted it to the steel portion of the bumper with rubber isolators for the vibration. The last thing I changed was the waste gate actuator I purchased an aftermarket one with interchangeable springs. I put the .5 bar spring in to start with. It will need the 1.0 or 1.5 to get it to the maximum boost of 8-10 pounds. As of right now performance from 2500-5000 rpm is amazing this is with only 3 pounds of boost. Toyota should have turboed these cars from the factory. As of right now I drive this car every day back in forth to work on the interstate for 30 miles each direction. Before the turbo merging in traffic was a death sentence. Now once it is spooled up it doesn't down shift and from 50-90 is like driving light weight sports car. Remember this is with only 3 pounds of boost. Off the line i still need to do some work. The lag is terrible a lot of this is attributed to where my air cleaner is located. The plan is to pipe this to the inlet in the front bumper and change the waste gate spring out.Then I can dyno tune it. I just needed to get it back drivable so I can dial it in a little as I go. I will post more updates in the future. View attachment 80152 View attachment 80153 View attachment 80154 View attachment 80151 View attachment 80152 View attachment 80153 View attachment 80154 View attachment 80155 View attachment 80152
After a few hiccups I finally have the turbo kit installed. It was not a bolt on kit as described. The quality of 60 percent of it was good. The main issue was the bracket for the waste gate actuator put it into the fire wall. The other major issue was the drain for the turbo dumps on top of the cross exhaust pipe. I had to machine a 90 degree fitting and hard pipe the drain line to allow clearance. I also installed a oil restrictor to reduce the pressure to the turbo the kit did not come with this but for longevity of the turbo I would recommend it. The other three things I changed I ordered AN fittings for the fuel line. I did not feel comfortable using hose clamps that they sent. I made my own aluminum mounts for the intercooler out on aluminum angle and bolted it to the steel portion of the bumper with rubber isolators for the vibration. The last thing I changed was the waste gate actuator I purchased an aftermarket one with interchangeable springs. I put the .5 bar spring in to start with. It will need the 1.0 or 1.5 to get it to the maximum boost of 8-10 pounds. As of right now performance from 2500-5000 rpm is amazing this is with only 3 pounds of boost. Toyota should have turboed these cars from the factory. As of right now I drive this car every day back in forth to work on the interstate for 30 miles each direction. Before the turbo merging in traffic was a death sentence. Now once it is spooled up it doesn't down shift and from 50-90 is like driving light weight sports car. Remember this is with only 3 pounds of boost. Off the line i still need to do some work. The lag is terrible a lot of this is attributed to where my air cleaner is located. The plan is to pipe this to the inlet in the front bumper and change the waste gate spring out.Then I can dyno tune it. I just needed to get it back drivable so I can dial it in a little as I go. I will post more updates in the future. View attachment 80152 View attachment 80153 View attachment 80154 View attachment 80151 View attachment 80152 View attachment 80153 View attachment 80154 View attachment 80155 View attachment 80152
This is how the xB should have come. Great work man. Would love to see the final numbers. Even with the xB2 I hear that no more than 7 pounds of boost should do. With the xb1 I'm saying 5 pounds. The tune will tell you. Awesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is how the xB should have come. Great work man. Would love to see the final numbers. Even with the xB2 I hear that no more than 7 pounds of boost should do. With the xb1 I'm saying 5 pounds. The tune will tell you. Awesome.
BITMAIN , GOLDSHELL, INNOSILICON MINERS 2022 IN STOCK

All equipment will be shipped from our warehouses in Shenzhen China. Additional shipping charges apply to orders shipping to international destinations.

Goldshell kd2 profit 30$ day

BITMAIN ANTMINER S19J PRO

WORLD DELIVERY 3-7 DAYS

·
Registered
05 silver stick
120 Posts
that's some nice work imscrowe
I wish I had the time and loot to do something like that
I have too many other irons in the fire at the moment
that need too much attention
I keep drooling over the JDM turbo kit on Ebarf
I could get it but it would sit for a long time before I would even get to open the box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts