Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've had my sweet car since I bought it with 7 miles on in 2006. I love it so much I can't imagine having anything else. But she is showing her age and she has creaky windows. My windows will sometimes not roll-up. I have to try to get them up a half-inch at a time. And her spoiler is hanging on by some black duct tape. And her hatch handle is still attached but any day now it's going to just quit. Is it time for a new car? Do I try to get some things fixed? I live in Arizona and so the paint job is suffering and the air isn't as cold as I need it to be. Help!

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
48 Posts
Is it time for a new car? Do I try to get some things fixed?
No. Yes.

Another AZ native here. I've already determined that I'll be driving a FirstGen toaster for the rest of my life. And right now they're cheap AF. I want to buy several, just to have as spares. :D

The window issue is well-documented on here, the motor overheats easily apparently. And we live in hell, so go figure.

They do make a metal-framed hatchback handle, but I have yet to find a link for one...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi! I've had my sweet car since I bought it with 7 miles on in 2006. I love it so much I can't imagine having anything else. But she is showing her age and she has creaky windows. My windows will sometimes not roll-up. I have to try to get them up a half-inch at a time. And her spoiler is hanging on by some black duct tape. And her hatch handle is still attached but any day now it's going to just quit. Is it time for a new car? Do I try to get some things fixed? I live in Arizona and so the paint job is suffering and the air isn't as cold as I need it to be. Help!
As for the windows the power motors get old and weak . The best thing to do is look on eBay and get the motor and regulator assembly . They are cheap and easy to install . I recently put one in mine and now it’s strong and shuts all the way all the time .
The spoiler needs to be removed and clean the car and spoiler contact areas real good . Then buy some 3M two sided tape . Put it on the contact area and reinstall it . Hatch handle ebay also and it’s easy to replace once you remove the interior cover ,
The paint job is the big cost you may be facing . Ask people in your area and shop around . Air could just need a o ring replaced or some Freon added . Check autozone for advice . If evaporator core is leaking in the dash that can be 800 to 1,000 dollars . Try Freon first .
Consider these repairs if it is mechanically strong .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts