Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering where and how everyone has been mounting their kits. ive been poking around under my car getting ideas, but i want to hear what has worked for kits already installed. wiring i think i can handle its really just where and how to attach im a bit conserned with. i just bought a LED kit from oznium and i dont want to ruin the kit or the car lol

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You can use the drain holes in the floorpan to run your wires into the interior. I found the best way to attach the lights is with a hanger that has rubber insulation. You can find it at Home Depot in the electrical connector section. I didn't take a pic of them before I used them, sorry. They hold up much better and are more secure than the black plastic suspention hangers included with most kits.

·
Registered
176 Posts
zip ties. i used them to hold all of my underbody lights on. i actually mounted the side ones right to the body kit. i held them up where i wanted them, used an awl to poke the holes and zip tied them in place. the front one is the same, but mounted to the splash shield. the rear i mounted to the two supports for the bumper cover. on the rear though, i used the zip ties with the hole in them and screwed them in place. i've been drivin all over and no problems. they have been under there for a few months now. sorry i don't have pics, but i will try to take some.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I’m with Taz on this one; go with the clamps that have the rubber lining. (Keep some zipties around as a backup. Never know when you’ll need ‘em.) You can get these for a buck or two at your local hardware store. You’ll probably need 2 per for a total of 8. I used the 1" diameter. (I have neon so you might be a little different.)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Liesjemt said:
I’m with Taz on this one; go with the clamps that have the rubber lining. (Keep some zipties around as a backup. Never know when you’ll need ‘em.) You can get these for a buck or two at your local hardware store. You’ll probably need 2 per for a total of 8. I used the 1" diameter. (I have neon so you might be a little different.)

Cool that you have a pic. That's exactly what I used. I dropped a light bar on the road one time when the plastic hanger broke. These would take a lot to break.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Zip ties also, they work great and are secure. Just pick good sturdy locations and do a little modding urself (drilling small holes, ect.) to get the best placement. The easiest place or course for the side lamps are on the underbody of the sideskirts drilling small holes in select spots for the zip ties towardsa the inner part of the skirt. My opinions above, maybe other ways work also, good luck.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product! TAZ like lights. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.