Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have my kenstyle urban kit (full front bumper replacement), and im looking to save a bit of money by mounting the kit myself before it goes in for paint. how hard would it be for me and a buddy to mount it up? honestly ive never done it before and i dont want to f*ck it up. if need be i would just pay the shop to mount it before they paint the car if its too hard. does anybody have any input/advice?

·
Registered
79 Posts
shouldnt be hard...does it already have the holes in it or at least the marks to drill the holes? If so just drill the holes and mount it up..

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
are they painting your whole car? is the kit perfect? chances are it needs lots of slight finishing.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it has the marks to drill the holes. i was thinking if i can at least get the kit on and let them do the finishing work and paint the car i might be able to save some money. i JUST got a quote for a steal for complete color change (door jambs, under the hood, etc...) and mounting the whole kit. i may not have to go through the trouble of mounting the kit myself, since its in teh pricerange i was expecting. id love to do it myself but i dont have spare $$$ for another kenstyle urban front bumper in case i screw up. if it was a lip kit i dont think id have a problem and go right for it... decisions decisions :( :( :(

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Go ahead and let the shop do it for you. Depending on the "fit" of the new kit there might be modifying to make it perfect. You don't to be running around town with an unpainted body kit on your box now do you? Yuk!! Besides you've propably got better things to do right?:) Can't wait to the "new" you.
Do you have starting date for the paint work yet? Good luck Dude:cool:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha i dont want to run around with an unpainted front bumper and side skirts :p, i was going to put it on just before i took it to the shop :D. im hoping to get it in paint soon!

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
make sure to post before and after photos.......What color are you doing?

I know I am sure the color is top secret information.....

Can not wait to see photos.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the color is a surpise :). its been done before, but not executed properly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
kit

man i can't wait to see it. ill be there with my camara to snap some pics when you at work hahahha.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a bit lighter and it is definitely not a toyota OEM color :p

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
excitebox said:
its a bit lighter and it is definitely not a toyota OEM color :p
Glad to hear that (or read in this case) Would love to do custom paint on the box but do not think the wife would go for that one. Maybe in a few years?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.