Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just got my new XB yesterday.
Any ideas on how to mount my CB radio and antenna to my new toaster?
And yes, some of us still use citizens band radio, often for police radar's and traffic problems while on the pavement.
Anybody have a pics of a CB in their box?

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
you can mount it underneath the center console area where the plastic piece is placed between the center console and the floor board. depending on the size of the 2way, you can either cutout, or take out the plastic piece and install your bracket underneath the center console.

run a ROADKING magnetic antenna instead.

i use to run the PRESIDENT on a old ZENITH TUBE amp. using a homemade echo box w/ noise toys and repeater talking on my SILVER EAGLE lollipop mic and lighting up the FIRESTICK and bleeding for miles through all frequencies. the farthest i skipped was from Cali to Puerto Rico. ahh the 80's

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
How big of a CB are you using. I have a Tascom in my car, but It is only used for road trips becasue it is so big. I usually just throw it in the glovebox. Are you talking about mounting Dual Firesticks? I use my roofrack bars to mount too, but I also have a set of BIG offroad lights that I can mount for long trips through flat areas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually yes on the firestiks.(firestik II) If I decide to go duel
The firefly 27MHZ is a real easy single antenna install if I want to go that route rather than duels.
I always wanted to use em ( the duel firestik II), but just didn't go good on a little Hyundai accent. Curentlly I am using a little magnet mount on my Hyundai.
Not real sure how duels would look on the box though.
All the more I do actually use it,maybe just stick with the single FIREFLY--- maybe a basic hood or hatch channel mount that doesn't interfere with the rear hatch or hood may be better?
I have used this mount before, and is a clean install. No visible mounting screws. I will need to look at the box more closely though to check it out. Believe it or not, I have had my toaster for almost 2 days and I haven't popped the hood or hatch yet!

The radio is a basic Uniden 520
I also have a Midland 4 watt 23 channel that works great !!
I have the SWR meter kit for tuning.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If you're going to use the radio with anything other than stock power (and i'm sure you wouldn't break any laws) the roof of the Box is a perfect ground plane to kick out that signal. Picture a K-40 loaded mount in the center. If somehow a footwarmer were to become accidentally attached, wow! Signal for days. ;)

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
If you're going to use the radio with anything other than stock power (and i'm sure you wouldn't break any laws) the roof of the Box is a perfect ground plane to kick out that signal. Picture a K-40 loaded mount in the center. If somehow a footwarmer were to become accidentally attached, wow! Signal for days. ;)
K-40's are cool, but if you nip the antenna to short, gotta look for another whip. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.