·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to see someone put an updated version of the little Mustang motorcycle back in production. Back in the day there were also makers of minibikes that used small motorcycle engines. Bonanza had one with the Hodaka 90 motor and Chriscycle had one with the 100cc unit from Moto Moroni as used in the Moto Beta. Kind of the Ruckus of it's day without handling or decent brakes, just the speed. A good way to get yourself racked up.

·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stumbled across this. At first thought it was photoshopped, but now scratching my head. It may be for real mock up, but sure it doesn't run. A V-64 two stroke!?!?!? It would have to be challenging to assemble the crankshafts with all those laberinth seals, let alone ting to get them ballanced.:D:D:D
http://www.peckerheadmotorcycleracing.com/yam1.jpg

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
916 Posts
Stumbled across this. At first thought it was photoshopped, but now scratching my head. It may be for real mock up, but sure it doesn't run. A V-64 two stroke!?!?!? It would have to be challenging to assemble the crankshafts with all those laberinth seals, let alone ting to get them ballanced.:D:D:D
http://www.peckerheadmotorcycleracing.com/yam1.jpg

Rich, interesting indeed. It think the V-64 bike will be on display at next week's public sale of swamp land in Chino Hills State Park.:rolleyes:

I am reminded of the little known German WWII bomber built in the waning years to counter our B-29 Superfortress. The Messerschmitt B-Serious was equipped with four Germaniawerft F46 U-boat 6-cylinder 4-cycle diesel engines; each one bored and stroked, and supercharged, producing a combined 16,400 BHP. Of course, the flaw in the design is the aircraft weighed too much to fly, and could only engage in bombing runs at ground level, which led to its own destruction on each mission. After this failure, Messerschmitt never again strayed from its fighter plane designs.

Mentioning the B-Serious; hopefully no one takes this serious.:cool:

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
916 Posts
I truly thought the V48 was a hoax; what an amazing feat assembling that engine. I can only imagine the heat coming from the air cooled engines.

·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're not the only one surprised it real. I thought it was just something someone mocked up for laughs. Did get to wrench on a pretty exotic two stroke when I worked as a tech at a Yamaha-Triumph dealership. It was a Yamaha RZ500 that was imported into Canada and snuck into the U.S. of A. It was designed as two 250's sharing a common set of cases, layed out in a V-4 format. Had two cranks geared together like an old Ariel Square Four. It was a theft recovery, and fortunately, all I had to do was replace the busted ignition switch. Trying to get the part ordered from Yamaha is another story in itself.

---------- Post added 06-14-2014 at 09:18 PM ----------

For you bicycle enthusiasts, "How to get respect in the bike lane"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHz7wOjb9w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

---------- Post added 06-14-2014 at 09:20 PM ----------

·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been away from bikes for too long judging from the number of YouTube's that come up on a search for 2 wheel drive motorcycles. This absolutely fried my mind.

Christini AWD 300 and 450: Christini AWD 300 and 450 - YouTube

Back in my day the only 2 wheel drive motorcycle was the Rokon Trailbreaker and it had wheels driven by electric motors and the gas engine drove a generator. It was off-road only and looked like a giant mini-bike.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'll see your 10 and raise you 2. Allison V12...1000hp ;)

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 08:38 PM ----------

Then there is ....this

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 09:32 PM ----------

Yeah, I'm a bike nut too.
This stripped XR 125 looks like and interesting ride, although a seat would be nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts