Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search, didn't see anything on it.

Did my 1st oil change Saturday (3400), decided to try the Rotella Synth. I use it in my Rover & ZX-9R with great results. Also tried the Pure1 filter.

What oil and filter are you guys running??

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah i use mobil 1 every 3k miles and always with a filter change each time. in case you are wondering, the FRAM xB filter for the oil is a PH4967. I started a thread on this topic a while back on whether synthetic or regular oil is better, and I think overall synthetic is better if you start using it in the beginning and never switch. Thats what i did in my ford excursion and it has over 100k on it with no leaks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
yeah i use mobil 1 every 3k miles and always with a filter change each time. in case you are wondering, the FRAM xB filter for the oil is a PH4967. I started a thread on this topic a while back on whether synthetic or regular oil is better, and I think overall synthetic is better if you start using it in the beginning and never switch. Thats what i did in my ford excursion and it has over 100k on it with no leaks.
Friends, dont let friends use Fram oil filters! :D

Your local dealer will sell you a 10 pack (I use 90915-YzzF1...they are larger than stock and no leaks or problems for over 10K miles..dealer said they were fine to run on the box) for $39.99. That makes them the same price (maybe less??) as Fram, with AT LEAST 2X the quality.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A few years ago I read an Oil Filter test report, Fram was at the bottom of the list for leak back protection. I would stop using them. Believe it or not, Motorcraft ranked very high on the list along with K&N, Mobil1 and the Motorcraft is very inexpensive. I use it in the Rover w/200k+ and never had any engine issues. These xB filters are so tiny, it's the same size as the one I use in the Kaw ZX-9R.

Also read an oil test which is where I got the info on Rotella Synth in motorcycles, gotta find that site again and will post.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
oh sorry bout the fram didnt know it was such a POS ! Ill have to buy the 10 pack now.

·
Registered
368 Posts
German Castrol 0W30 Syn w/ Supertech filter ( Wallyworld store brand)

Hard to find, but it is green (the oil):eek: !

every 5k:)

For all your oil related questions go to www.bobistheoilguy.com , they even talk about all lubes , except maybe KY warming ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.