1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I would like one also Coi!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
$150???? I can see how they hide the core support but why are they called cooling plate? The radiator is way down below that. I would think plexiglass could be shaped using some heat and the dremmel, and you can buy carbon fiber vinyl or paint it. You guys keep giving me ideas and things to make. I hate paying for things I can make.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Yeah - how does this COOL? If it had some sort of duct then maybe I could understand - Looks like it would just trap hot air behind the soild grill.....Please enlighten me........But I have to agree it looks cool.

·
Registered
570 Posts
make these

Skeeter said:
$150???? I can see how they hide the core support but why are they called cooling plate? The radiator is way down below that. I would think plexiglass could be shaped using some heat and the dremmel, and you can buy carbon fiber vinyl or paint it. You guys keep giving me ideas and things to make. I hate paying for things I can make.
how 'bout polished stainless steel.......

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the cooling plate actually means air diversion plate, similar to what Greddy sells for the tC, it diverts air to the radiator, but on the xB since barely any air goen into that area, it is more of a engine bay finishing item...

i just use the words "cooling plate" since for other cars thats what it is meant to do, and also it still works on the xB, just not as noticeable as other vehicles

hope that answers your guys' questions

at this moment all we have is the CF material, i have not seen anyone make it ou of aluminum for the xB yet

thanx again
-Coi-

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Motor FX said:
the cooling plate actually means air diversion plate, similar to what Greddy sells for the tC, it diverts air to the radiator, but on the xB since barely any air goen into that area, it is more of a engine bay finishing item...

i just use the words "cooling plate" since for other cars thats what it is meant to do, and also it still works on the xB, just not as noticeable as other vehicles

hope that answers your guys' questions

at this moment all we have is the CF material, i have not seen anyone make it ou of aluminum for the xB yet

thanx again
-Coi-

What would it take to make them out of aluminum? If there was demand for them in metal? would that make it more feasable to make? I like the concept but just don't see CF in my engine compartment...

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Just make them out of plastic and we can paint to match our color scheme....plastic should be much cheaper than CF.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.