Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Simplyscion said:
not true, I wiped the floor with a B18 Garrett T20 with my turbo xB...poor kid:eek:
^ Enough said.

However, it all depends on what car its in. B16a in a hatchback, with a decent n/a build you can forget it. Same motor in a accord sedan, much more of a chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Simplyscion said:
not true, I wiped the floor with a B18 Garrett T20 with my turbo xB...poor kid:eek:
Congrats on the kill. I'm sure you've taken out a good number of imports with your setup;) Out of curiosity, what was your et on that run?

Maybe a setup similar to yours is what the author of the thread is looking for??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
ERIKB said:
Congrats on the kill. I'm sure you've taken out a good number of imports with your setup;) Out of curiosity, what was your et on that run?

Maybe a setup similar to yours is what the author of the thread is looking for??
Unfortunately it wasnt at the track...I dont really condone street racing, but the fact of the matter is the closest track to us is about 2.5 hrs away...sucks really bad but what are you gonna do.
I didnt run the box much but when I did it always won...couple civics, 2 galants, other xB's, many tC's:eek: ;)
If I ran my car at 11 psi on the dyno, I think it would be safe to say I was pushing about 150+ whp on an automatic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Wow, impressive dyno number, considering the weight of the car.:cool:

As far as the street racing goes, if there are no tracks available for people to race legally and safely, racers will take it to the street. In SoCal, there are plenty of tracks available to us so no excuses for us here in the L.A. area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Simplyscion said:
Unfortunately it wasnt at the track...I dont really condone street racing, but the fact of the matter is the closest track to us is about 2.5 hrs away...sucks really bad but what are you gonna do.
I didnt run the box much but when I did it always won...couple civics, 2 galants, other xB's, many tC's:eek: ;)
If I ran my car at 11 psi on the dyno, I think it would be safe to say I was pushing about 150+ whp on an automatic.
tCs are retarded. I can beat an auto tC from a roll with my 96whp, a manual can beat a manual tC with 105whp. I've seen it done once. Driver must of sucked blah blah, but bottom line is, they are retarded. Not because they aren't decent cars for the price, but because the drivers seem to believe they are driving a sport compact killer (honda killer if you will) just because the tC is the pricey Scion. Please.

But anyway, yeah 11psi would put you around 150whp easily. Safe to run daily? Just depends on your internal/tranny work as well as ecu situation. But yeah, fun stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
I passed a Porsche Carrera GT the other day.. just pulled right past him no problem... *ok he was stuck in traffic when i passed him*

but did hear somewhere that someone had about 400+ with some mods to the engine.. but again only heard so cant verify.. but did hear it is easy to do 180hp with some minor mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Resolve said:
I passed a Porsche Carrera GT the other day.. just pulled right past him no problem... *ok he was stuck in traffic when i passed him*

but did hear somewhere that someone had about 400+ with some mods to the engine.. but again only heard so cant verify.. but did hear it is easy to do 180hp with some minor mods.
1. 180whp would have to be boosted, unless major n/a build. Which would include almost a total build up, the boost would have to be atleast 11-12psi on a fairly modded motor. So, not easy.

2. 400hp xb is actually a truck frame, 22rt motor with i believe a 15psi turbo. Not even an xb anymore if you ask me.

3. 120-130whp is common now, and good numbers. I suspect by the end of the year we will see more 140whp+ xb's (with 1nz).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
caden_stargate said:
I've seen one that had 400 hp.
I'll back you up! I've seen it too.

-Custom painted graphics by Justin Hampton

-400+ Horsepower Toyota 4 cylinder RT engine turbocharged with nitrous

-Rear Wheel Drive

-Toyota truck frame & coverted to rear wheel drive

-Suicide Doors

-Back doors and windows sealed and paneled

-Air Ride

-Custom one-off rims designed by Justin Hampton and Billet cut by Boyd Coddington (of American Hot Rod on the Discovery Channel)

-Custom interior with multimedia experience designed by Justin Hampton and Phil Traverse

-Over sized sun roof

-And much more




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
its definitely a sick ride but way outta our league
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Man, it takes some serious coin to build a ride like that. Damn sweet nonetheless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
xjeepguy said:
Man, it takes some serious coin to build a ride like that. Damn sweet nonetheless.
naa...it just takes a whole lot of sponsors;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
I respect whoever put the work into it, but thats about it. To me, looks horrible and its not even functional. Are there two 400hp xb's? I thought there was one with a 22rt motor, turbo'd, with a pick up truck frame?
 

·
mertechperformance
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
the 400 22r-t scion is no longer a scion. it is a toyota truck chassis with an xB body on it. it's rwd :) but it's not a scion anymore...

oh and it doesnt even run.............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
- 22rt is nissan
- 2zz is celica gt-s.
- Hatchbacks are extremely slow with the stock D series motor, mostly with how its geared. It has enough power to be quick stock, but the gears are spread out.
-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
So your lookin to take xb to another level well ur not the only one I am plannin to make my xb a 400hp xb... I will tell u this I have showed only a couple of people my plan sheet and not everyone thinks its possible... But if you try hard enough it can happen... But if your serous about taking your xb to the next level be ready to dish out that money.. My plan sheet already got me dashin out $10,000+ into the engine alone.... N I am prepared to loose my engine..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
i just finished modding my BSP toaster to get as much hp out of it as i could. It definately already has over 400 hp. check it out.

Here it is before modifications.











heres me and some buddies putting on the new body kit, painted BSP, of course.










heres the finished product. and its specs
- Max speed 2200 MPH
- round 32,500 pounds of thrust
- uses ramjets
- in dash dvd player
- titanium skin


still gotta get some shoes on it, but its coming along well i think

sorry for the blurry pic, my buddy was using his camera phone :D


 
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top