Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most hp anyone has ever seen or put into an xB? I wanna know what my options are and how far i can go before i throw my money into mine lol...I wanna be able to smoke punks in their **** burners...

·
Registered
214 Posts
^ don't believe her, i'd have to see that.

I've seen a few with custom turbo's reach 150-160whp, but the most common high whp number is around 130-140whp.

·
Registered
176 Posts
400 seems like alot for the engine... Without a punch that would be around 260hp per liter?
More than i recall seeing except for maybe a Supra TT. And needless to say that engine is setup a little different.
I could imagine MAYBE 200 crankshaft.

Oh and as far as smoking **** goes... You picked the wrong car. Most any civic, accord, etc. with a CAI, chip, and exhaust will easily pull away from most NA Xb's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lmao first off civics around here...all crap...very few could beat a suped up xb...people r way too dependant on civics...

·
Registered
240 Posts
well its like this i pull on V6's and some V8's on the 1/8th mile track but they would always catch me 1 second away from the finish line...every one at the track who were running boost were telling me to boost my box...if boost could improve my time by 2 secs which i know it will... i would be able to pull on those V6's with ease and V8's i would give em a bigger challenge...Now about them civics,,, yes they suck but if you fully build an LS motor/ b18 motor they will always pull on any xb/xa motor...oh and remeber if you dont know how to drive and put your box to the max you wont go anywhere:D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Justin Hampton's xb, modded 22rt motor , 400 hp.

Not really an xb anymore but started out as 1.

·
Registered
214 Posts
usmcbox said:
400 seems like alot for the engine... Without a punch that would be around 260hp per liter?
More than i recall seeing except for maybe a Supra TT. And needless to say that engine is setup a little different.
I could imagine MAYBE 200 crankshaft.

Oh and as far as smoking **** goes... You picked the wrong car. Most any civic, accord, etc. with a CAI, chip, and exhaust will easily pull away from most NA Xb's.
Coming from honda, i defend honda much of the time because your average civic cant speak for all honda owners. However, to tell someone you picked the wrong car is definitely out of the question. This is what people said for a long time about fwd cars, this is what people said about the honda hatchback when people started fooling around with those. People say too much without understanding and seeing the full spectrum.

I was dyond at 96whp, i've pulled on several cars with an estimate of 120-130whp. How? Power to weight, even owning an automatic this advantage is key. You speak of accords. A 4cyl accord (sedan) an xb with i/h/e and a few other things could definitely beat one. Not speaking about new ones.

Around the corners, well lets just say i've won 6 out of 8 autocross events last year in my class. So to say the xb is the wrong car to pick, disagree!

No one take my post personally, just trying to shed truth to this before people start going off on things.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
mini cooper? musta not been a S. my friend has a S and its pretty quick in stock trim. if its a non S auto then yes its possible..my female friend has that and its slowwwwww the car is literally one gear lol

as far as civics go it jsut depends on what model...ex lx dx those are easy to beat anything made after 99 w/ a SI on it no way unless the drivers an idiot =P

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i did outrun a kia and a neon today on the fwy...for some stupid reason i was jsut driving and both these idiots r revving on me..

·
Registered
420 Posts
quadoptix said:
mini cooper? musta not been a S. my friend has a S and its pretty quick in stock trim. if its a non S auto then yes its possible..my female friend has that and its slowwwwww the car is literally one gear lol

as far as civics go it jsut depends on what model...ex lx dx those are easy to beat anything made after 99 w/ a SI on it no way unless the drivers an idiot =P
no im sure it was an S my cuzin is into coopers so i know them
mayb he just sucks at shifting or somthing
and yah civics are ez

·
Registered
949 Posts
i have a few things done to my xb it is alot better now but last year i dynoed at 93 hp i will see what i am at this year...

·
Registered
276 Posts
well i know I have an axle back and injen intake and I can pull on a snail..... not the turbo either...lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
killerxromances said:
Coming from honda, i defend honda much of the time because your average civic cant speak for all honda owners. However, to tell someone you picked the wrong car is definitely out of the question. This is what people said for a long time about fwd cars, this is what people said about the honda hatchback when people started fooling around with those. People say too much without understanding and seeing the full spectrum.

I was dyond at 96whp, i've pulled on several cars with an estimate of 120-130whp. How? Power to weight, even owning an automatic this advantage is key. You speak of accords. A 4cyl accord (sedan) an xb with i/h/e and a few other things could definitely beat one. Not speaking about new ones.

Around the corners, well lets just say i've won 6 out of 8 autocross events last year in my class. So to say the xb is the wrong car to pick, disagree!

No one take my post personally, just trying to shed truth to this before people start going off on things.
Here is where I am coming from. I know FWD cars can be quick. I formerly drove a taurus SHO with 235 fwhp.
Now I realized that for true speed I need to stick to my bike.
Anytime a 1/4 is run in over 15 seconds the vehicle cannot be considered fast or quick. I have driven incredibly fast cars, besides my 10sec. quarter mile bike I have driven 500hp malibus, 800hp trans ams, among other things.
I will admit the civic and accord comment was a little bit of a stretch, but if you take a NEW civic or NEW accord, stock against stock, they beat the xb.
If you do the same mods to each one, they beat the Xb. Why? Because gains realized will be bigger with more displacement.
I am not saying there are not Xb's out there that can beat civic's, accords, etc.. I am just saying stock for stock probably not.
And with the "picked the wrong car comment".. I meant the Xb was not built to go fast, it was built to be personalized and customized.
Sorry if I offended anyone....
Semper Fi. Do or Die.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Boxes are all about style. They arent race cars. It would take an engine swap to make them run with well tuned cars (as long as the dude can drive lol) but I am fine with the power of mine. I pass them when they stop for gas lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
iheartmyxb said:
no im sure it was an S my cuzin is into coopers so i know them
mayb he just sucks at shifting or somthing
and yah civics are ez
Wow. Considering it has 50-60 more hp than the Xb. And does 0-60 in sub 7 seconds. you must have had a good launch. LMAO.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Frogbox said:
Justin Hampton's xb, modded 22rt motor , 400 hp.

Not really an xb anymore but started out as 1.
I do believe that's the highest HP xB right now. Never seen it in person, just magazine pics but I'd love to see it scoot down the 1320.

As far as dragging the xB...I guess if you're just looking to smoke most imports on the street, the new ZPI turbo kit would be worth looking into, but still, a decently modded B or H series civic would be tough to walk.

And forget about trying to run against most V8s. LS1/LS6 Chevy's are fast right out of the box and downright nasty with some tinkering:eek: :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
ERIKB said:
As far as dragging the xB...I guess if you're just looking to smoke most imports on the street, the new ZPI turbo kit would be worth looking into, but still, a decently modded B or H series civic would be tough to walk.
not true, I wiped the floor with a B18 Garrett T20 with my turbo xB...poor kid:eek:

·
Registered
214 Posts
usmcbox said:
Here is where I am coming from. I know FWD cars can be quick. I formerly drove a taurus SHO with 235 fwhp.
Now I realized that for true speed I need to stick to my bike.
Anytime a 1/4 is run in over 15 seconds the vehicle cannot be considered fast or quick. I have driven incredibly fast cars, besides my 10sec. quarter mile bike I have driven 500hp malibus, 800hp trans ams, among other things.
I will admit the civic and accord comment was a little bit of a stretch, but if you take a NEW civic or NEW accord, stock against stock, they beat the xb.
If you do the same mods to each one, they beat the Xb. Why? Because gains realized will be bigger with more displacement.
I am not saying there are not Xb's out there that can beat civic's, accords, etc.. I am just saying stock for stock probably not.
And with the "picked the wrong car comment".. I meant the Xb was not built to go fast, it was built to be personalized and customized.
Sorry if I offended anyone....
Semper Fi. Do or Die.
I see your point a little more clear now. :D My previous gs-r ran low 13's high 12's. But like i said earlier, the xb's true strength is cornering. 120-130whp is all we need to have a very quick daily driver.

Stock for stock, really anything honda has put out in terms of low trim (ex models) above 2001 we can't beat. Honda has always known performance and know what they are doing. Something toyota is lacking imo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.