Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
MattyRattyPoo said:
Honestly I have no clue if they are safe or not but I would feel alot better cambering it the right way with Cusco camber plates than using a bolt.
I know the feeling. When I first wanted camber up front, peeps told me to get the bolts. I looked at them, and decided not to. ONe reason, would they stay at the that setting, and I didn't weant to have to keep removing my front wheels should I want to change the camber up. Cusco camber plates were very hard to get over a year ago.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I originally wanted the cusco but seeing that it pivots the top half of the strut it would cause my bag to rub when inflated and eventually blow so I decided to use the bolts as a alternative. Truthfully in japan they run typically -3 in front and -5 in back the ratio of me running -1.75 in the front and -3 in the back is just about dead on. I wanted something proportionate also so the -1.75 doesn't over power the -3 in the back. I don't plan on adjusting camber in the front for shows and stuff so I typically got what I wanted for about $230 less plus I'm on air I don't plan on flying around curves. But the cusco would have been a cool point cause of the brand name. For all of those wondering about the camber bolts the part # is 81260 from Specialty Products Company. It replaces the 14mm top strut bolt and takes about 10min to install. To each his own, Happy Cambering!

·
Registered
281 Posts
yea i can get them for 15 on ebay i agree with you and i am getting bags in the near future so yea i think i will take this route can i get a pic o you 3 degree and your 1.75 a side profile?

·
Registered
13 Posts
the bad part of cusco plates and bags are the 3 bolts on the cusco plate
they are smaller in Dia. and I have worn them out as they have to much movement so now the center of the of all three bolts are worn .
I have now a custom set of plates made of steel which have the larger bolts up top to stop any free play and they give me a 1" to 1-1/2 more lift and more camber then the cusco.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
bluebb05 said:
yea i can get them for 15 on ebay i agree with you and i am getting bags in the near future so yea i think i will take this route can i get a pic o you 3 degree and your 1.75 a side profile?
Side profile pics:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
From what i've seen running about -2 in the front is pretty ideal, You don't want too much up front because its your turning wheel and its going to wear faster then the back regardless and of course running camber in the front will shorten you tire life. You got to pay to play and I ain't that rich so -2 is where I play at. :D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm running -2 up front and -3 in back, and if you have someone w/ a 4 wheel alignment rack, you can easily adjust your toe so wear is minimal when running more negative camber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
bluebb05 said:
nice would you consider making another pair and what would you sell em for?

Contact FBI they may have time to make a set for you
you will also have to have the bolts welded in and do a mod yourself to get them to work correctly.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Dajap said:
Hey MattyRattyPoo how did you obtain -4 degree of camber in the back?
I have no clue how I got -4 degree's lol. But I bought the OTG camber shim and though I was at -3 but when I went to get it alligned, they told me it was a -4. So installing a part isn't neccessarily gonna give you what it says. You gotta get it alligned to see what you really have. Also I compared my degree or camber with a friends with -3 degrees and mine look more.

·
Registered
762 Posts
my OTG camber plates look like more than 3 degrees. sometimes i even get worried haha. looking down at the wheel from above you can clearly see the lettering on my Lover Soul wheels.

btw dajap: i LOOOOOOOOOVE your car! you have such a mint fintment with those wheels and camber. i wish my car had that kind of stance :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea they are. mine got measured out one day because i coulda swore it had some noticeable camber when i looked at the tires. i got everything realigned and my rears were cambered out at about 1 degree. the fronts were half a degree of negative camber. i dont understand all the measurements involved, but this is what was measured out here at Big O tire in Kearney here.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.