Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this past weekend I installed the SPC camber bolts for the front of my box to achieve -1.75 of camber. I also bought some custom mounts for my universal air bag in the front strut. Scion4life on SL had these made and helped me put them on. Tell me what you guys think. For people wondering, if you don't want to pay $600+ for easystreets and etc. I used my stock strut and used this custom mount to make the universal air bag a direct bolt on. NO WELDING. You do have to cut the cup where the spring used to sit.

The pic of the old mounts and new mounts-

Pic before the new mount and camber-

Pic now with the new mount and camber-

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good to me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanx for the pics Dajap,The new upper mounts will be ready next week,I have several front sets left if anyone is interested,drop me a line,I will only be online this weekend.More pics soon.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Dang it, I cut my chin when my jaw hit the floor!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also would like to know the diff of useablility with these vs. cusco plates - i spent the 300, now i coulda spent 20? :(

keep this going, i want more info :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Basically the cusco can go i think 3 degrees but chris only needed what the SPC gave him (1.75). When you go pic to pic you can really tell the difference. nice chris but soon you will have comp... you know what im talking about!! lol

ingalls also has a bolt camber set so try and look for them too.....

·
Registered
281 Posts
the way i see it is the 1.75 yea its a diff but also a 250-15 price diff!!! so yea i will be ordering a set i am gonna try to do a group buy for a lil less like 10 for 100

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Dajap, Is your vehicle (which is very very nice by the way) a daily driver?? If it is, about how much do you drive in a month?? And how ofter do you have to change tires due to camber wear?? Just courious, I work at a tire shop and was wondering how long it would take to wear out your new tires with that much camber.
Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok couple of things...yes his car is a daily driver and the camber wear hasnt been bad. He couldnt run the cuscos because the way his bag set up is it wouldnt have worked. This set up was ideal cost wise and only option really.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I dont know about camber bolts....They seem to me to make your front shocks double jointed in a way. Your shock is positioned a certain way and then the boly will camber it at the bottoom of the shock, making in double jointed. If you dont get what Im saying, here's a pic.

With a cusco camber plate your cambering it at the perch making it not double jointed. Also Cusco Camber plates increase sterring response and performance. Also its a pillow ball uppermount.

Here are some pics from my set up.
-4 Degrees in the rear

-3 Degrees in the front

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.