Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If I was running a wheel that would use em, I'd then need to get white walls...

That would look sick on the right box....say one with the woodgrain kit.....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I RAN THOSE FOR THE LONGEST TIME AND GAVE THEM TO A DUDE IN OUR CLUB
POWDER COAT YES I DID BLACK

AND NOW THEY ARE ON KETCHUP XB

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
sid said:
boombox,
i'ma try that some day ;) :)
Which reminds me, how's it coming with your baby moons?

Sorry for the hijack.

As long as I'm highjacking...my brother-in-law is beginning work on true wire wheels for the xB. He's using my steelies for the measurements. He has already done them for the T-Bird and they turned out hot!

Hijack over and out. :D

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Which reminds me, how's it coming with your baby moons?

Sorry for the hijack.

As long as I'm highjacking...my brother-in-law is beginning work on true wire wheels for the xB. He's using my steelies for the measurements. He has already done them for the T-Bird and they turned out hot!

Hijack over and out. :D
rear wheels is still in the making. don't know why its taking that long.
I just installed yesterday a 15mm spacer with new longer lugs(whew!! a good 2 hours for an unskilled like me),and won't be needing the 25 mm spacer from Rodney.

If he still want those I can return it back, or if someone you know needs those, I can sell it the same price I got from Rodney.

I hope the rear wheels gets in next week.
thread jack over:D

Attachments

·
3,453 Posts
I'd like to see someone go old skool. Sid, when you do that, we're gonna have to find a middle ground place and meet up.

Ah yes, old skool.

BTW, to hijack, lmao, do the spacers require longer lugs, or can ya just get by with the factory ones???

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
BoomBox said:
I'd like to see someone go old skool. Sid, when you do that, we're gonna have to find a middle ground place and meet up.

Ah yes, old skool.

BTW, to hijack, lmao, do the spacers require longer lugs, or can ya just get by with the factory ones???
per "standard" you can only use 5mm the most maybe 7mm spacer to use factory lugs. any thicker might not have enough thread for the nut, thus my 15mm needs longer lugs(it came with the kit).
just my opinion.

·
3,453 Posts
sid said:
per "standard" you can only use 5mm the most maybe 7mm spacer to use factory lugs. any thicker might not have enough thread for the nut, thus my 15mm needs longer lugs(it came with the kit).
just my opinion.

swee thanks. I knew that the kits came with the larger lugs, I was just wondering if they were desperately needed....

You know, like sometimes when you pull something apart, and you've got like 20 different extra things and the item you took apart runs like it always did....kinda like the boxed nintendo that had all that metal in it......it wasn't there for anything, really.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
if thats the same as mine, the back face of this rims has bigger diameter than OEM steelies, the caliper over hang is hitting it, thus it will not fit unless you put the 15mm spacer. now comes what offset you need to give it a nice fit.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
NVFirefighter said:
Is there a way to rename this thread?? :confused:
I DONT KNOW ?? MY MOON'S WERE THE SNAP ON ONES I GOT THEM LOCAL
IN SO CAL LIKE 30$ EACH

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
short bus said:
I DONT KNOW ?? MY MOON'S WERE THE SNAP ON ONES I GOT THEM LOCAL
IN SO CAL LIKE 30$ EACH
Thanks Shortbus....I was being a smartass, since the thread was hijacked I though I would throw it out there. :p

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
no its all good man smart ass is good...yea my moons were the stock silver then powder coat blue then black then gave away they were damm cool looking

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
moons rock. made my box all demented lookin as it is already. thanx dave. like an evil ice cream truck sellin melted warm ice cream and organs and such. would like some red walls insted of white. yes?

and NVLifesaver. screw ons would be nice. don't want your moons popping out on a turn going 60+.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ketchup_xb said:
moons rock. made my box all demented lookin as it is already. thanx dave. like an evil ice cream truck sellin melted warm ice cream and organs and such. would like some red walls insted of white. yes?

and NVLifesaver. screw ons would be nice. don't want your moons popping out on a turn going 60+.
You know Ketchup,that was my thought exactly! But if you look at their web page showing the screw-ons,you can not tell how they are actually screwed on. The Mooneyes web site is very amatuer looking and their descriptions are non-existant. I don't want to have to drill and tap my stocker steelies! :D

I have to take a picture of my Mooneyes bike....it's a kick in the ass to ride around...specially in the wind!

·
Registered
68 Posts
This thread made me finally register and stop lurking. :) I have the exact moon's you asked about. They've been on for almost 4k miles with no worries. Look great, sound terrible. They stick out kind of far.

Here's a pic until I get my gallery set up here. I've got lots of pics over on Scion-Nation but can post better details here in the meantime if you'd like. ;)

BTW, I've always wanted that bike! I'm so jealous! :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts