Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have a monroe hookup. Time for the echo struts and the 5870's for the rear. Im looking for someone close by. I dont want to order and ship. Unless the price is real good

·
Registered
237 Posts
oh ok, well i have df210s right now. how long have you had your set up and what made you think that its time for the upgrade? Im curious as to how long my stocks will hold. Ive heard alot of good things with monroes but just dont have the money for it yet.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put my springs on about a month after I bought the car. I have had it almost 2 years now. The stocks are still fine, but Im looking for a bit softer ride now.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Be carefull with the monroes. I had them on for only about 5 months, and I noticed that when I had people in the back they would bottom out. Was dropped on the DF210's at the time, and when I went to coilovers I had to take them off cause they were too soft. Things were bottoming out like crazy. A lot of people use them, and don't say they everhave the same problem, but then there are others who also state that they are sometimes to soft. Just something to think about. I had the 5870's maybe the other model (can't remembe the #) would work better.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have the 5870's rear and the front struts (can't remember # off the top of head) and am 2" dropped.

I think they ride way better, I do bottom out over big bumps (more like holes up here) sometimes if I have the back packed full and all seats full, but most of the time it's just me and never a problem unless I load the crap out of it.

You guys of in Cali should have no problem with your near perfect roads (I do miss nice pavement from Cali) and softer shocks.

If you were up here I could hook you up, my father-in-law owns a mechanics shop and I get parts at whole sale price. I paid $90 for pair of struts and $50 for the pair of shocks if I remember correct.

cheers

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Tomas stated in a thread here that monroe now makes shocks for the xB. Maybe be the first to try them out and report back :D

5601 for the rear and 72245 for the front

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You'll be waiting a while for the rear shocks. Word is they won't actually be available until October. Even though Monroe already has the part number listed on their site.

·
Registered
552 Posts
plus if your dropped will they even be better than the 5870's??

remember they are made as a oem replacement

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
K everything is installed now. Can you say DROP!!!! The front is perfect now. I just have to get the back down to even it out. Any suggestions? Anyhow I just did a nice drive down the 5 and what a HUGE difference.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.