Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a custom grille on my box but don't have the money to spend on it. This past weekend I decided "hey, I'll just make one myself, how hard can it be to fold up some sheet metal?" After a few hours of bending, fitting, & bending again, I ended up with something that looked like a little girl with braces who had a bad run-in with a sliding glass door:( I yanked it off & now have decided to just save the cash & buy one. I was wondering what kind of mods/experiments have gone horribly wrong :eek: with the rest of ya'll.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already took the ugly mother off, so no pics....that's a good thing, trust me! I can't believe no one has posted any stories, guess I'm the only one who has ever done anything that turned out wrong on their box?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is brand new so I haven't done anything myself yet, but trust there's gotta be some stories out there. The only thing is people just don't wanna fess up to it:D lol. maybe in the future ill be posting all the wwrrrrroonnnnnnngggggg things I do to my box lol. It's all about trial and error, and then you'll know how to make it better. It's all good:)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i've done a lot of things to many cars just to change em relatively soon cause it looked like poo. trying my hardest to NOT re-do things over and over again. which means waiting forever but getting the vast majority of things right the first time.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
My OEM engine cover ended up like poo. I spent 3 days painting, drying, sanding, but the paint just won't get smooth. I used a 2 part paint 1 silver metallic base and 1 yellow tint paint. But s*ucks the paint has a powdery rough feel when it dries, I can't make it to look and feel glossy. If you sand it, the metallic particle goes away.
Finally strip it of and scratch the plastic. I gave up, no more painting for me of any stuff.
then I decided just to fab a simple aluminum plate to replace the cover.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
ha ha . i forgot i ruined my engine cover a LONG time ago. so i painted the metal valve cover with black wrinkle and the effect is MUCH better in my opinion. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.