Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in the market for an xB.
I have seen just a couple of posts about xB and Mobile 1.

Should I use it (Mobile 1 5W-30) starting with my first oil change?
Is there I good chance I will see a little better gas mileage?
Any warranty problems if I go this direction?
How much more $$$ is it to use Mobile 1?

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, so really can't help you with that decission, but I prefer Valvoline, just a personal preference really. I wouldn't think using Mobil 1 would void your warranty, but Your best bet would be to ask your mechanic.

Hope that helps, if only a little.

·
Registered
283 Posts
txcruiser said:
I'm still in the market for an xB.
I have seen just a couple of posts about xB and Mobile 1.

Should I use it (Mobile 1 5W-30) starting with my first oil change?
Is there I good chance I will see a little better gas mileage?
Any warranty problems if I go this direction?
How much more $$$ is it to use Mobile 1?

Thanks!
Well, the first 3 oil changes are free. These newer motors have been designed to run 5,000 mile intervals on regualr oil. I'd just stick to the first 3 free oil changes & then switch to synthetic at 20,000 miles, unless you want to be really picky & start synthetic at 5,000 miles.

Gas mileage does seem to improve. There was a member that was getting about 5 MPG more after the switch to Mobil 1

If you do the oil changes at every 5,000 miles, you shouldn't have any warranty issues as long as you keep the receipts.

A quart of Mobil 1 SuperSyn usually goes for about $5 & some change. They say that you can leave it in the car for 7,500 miles. A quart of Mobil 1 Extended Performance goes for about $6 a quart. They say that you can leave the oil for 15,000 miles. I've used this oil on a Toyota Sienna for 15,000 miles with very good results (http://www.blackstone-labs.com/) & for 10,000 miles on a high reving, set up for the track, SR20DE equipped Nissan Sentra with good results as well. That oil will be overkill if you're going to stick to 5,000 mile oil changes. Both of those oils are FULL SYNTHETIC. (^o^ ) There are other oils out there that are a tad bit better like Redline, Amsoil, Lucas, & others, but they cost way more & we're talking about a VERY minimal advantages. The cost is not worth it. As far as bang for the buck goes, you can't beat Mobil 1. ( ^_^)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll probably go with first 3 free oil changes and check my mileage closely. Then go with Mobile 1 and see how it goes.

I plan on having all my work done at the Toyota dealer near me.
I'll ask them if they can substitute Mobile 1 at my cost and keep my warranty intact.

·
Registered
611 Posts
when you say keep reciepts. how will the dealer know that you did in fact change the oil? or am i missing something here?

·
Registered
283 Posts
^ They see the average dates on the reciepts. I'd buy the oil & stuff close to the date that I plan on changing the oil. They can figure out if you changed it or not. That's why you need to have the reciepts. If you don't have them & something messes up, they will probably void the warranty on your car & you're screwed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.