Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of getting those metal floor mats off of ebay. I was thinking it would give a cool effect with the lights I've added to the interior.

I was wondering if anybody had them and how practical they are. Like if you get in with wet feet do your feet slide all over? Or does it create a ring of dirt around them since there is no carpeting to absorb the dirt from your feet?

Just trying to find out if those who bought them are happy with them in general or do they create a bit of a hassel.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You could always put some GripTape down in some design that will still make it look nice, yet be more funtional.

btw Grip Tape is the product which is on top of skateboards that helps avoid slipping.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
the only problem is you can only get it in skateboard width strips...so you would have to do stripes accross, or have a seam.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I didn't say to do all of it, that would ruin the purpose of having metal floormats.

Just do little 1/4' strips, not the whole length of the mat, but just enough.

in this pic red would be the grip tape

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been thinking about the grip tape idea. I think I would just put some where the heal of the foot sits on the driver side. I was also thinking about putting weather stripping around the edges to avoid a ring of dirt from forming around the floor mats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts