Votes: 6 25.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to decide for a few weeks which spring to get. I like how the teins lower the car, but my past experiences haven't been that great with them on subarus (sagging alot and being really soft). I've had Megan racing parts on my old spec v and liked the bang for the buck you got with them, but they seem pretty stiff though. I get to drive some of the roughest crappiest roads this side of a third world country so I don't want to go too stiff, but I want something better than the soft stock ride. I kinda like the price of the Megan racing springs too, just over a $100 shipped compared the the around $150 shipped on the teins.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm happy with the drop from the TRD springs, and they are slightly stiffer than stock. Add the Progress Technology or TRD anti-sway rear bar and the TRD dampers and you have a tight ride. If your roads are bad, though, maybe you want to look at the Tein H's.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
believe it or not megan springs > than tein springs. ive ridden in cars w/ both and if your a subie nut youll like the megan better. tein is too soft for my taste.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 2 sets of teins I put on my friend's subaru were so soft, I could compress them with my hands and were almost coil bound on his car. If they are anything like that for the xB I'll go with the Megan ones. I'm used to running on 17's with STi struts and springs and I'm trying to go for that feel on the xB.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got goldlines and one of my buddies has megans, his ride is so much better than mine. he's selling his box for an evo and I can't wait to get my hands on them megans. I'm not complaining about the goldlines they are cool, I just like the megans better.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I went with Sprint Sport Springs. The price was good, stiffer than stock,claim a 1.7 drop( actually measured 2.0" on my box). perform better than stock and after awhile still no sag to be measured.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
the sprints that they had me r n d and test on my car when the xb first came out dropped my car at a 2.5" drop after 2 months lol too soft also..megan i believe will have a firm ride and yes the tein springs for scions u can compress like a mofo by hand

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I like the comfort and drop of TEIN S-techs, but then again, I have a one-off set of TEIN Wagon coilovers. But I have S-techs on the Matrix, and have ridden in an xA and a tC w/ S-techs, and they were nice. S-techs will be going in my xA whenever I get one.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
xA? I thought you were gonna get the Yaris? :D
You should see all of the xA and iSt parts I have Dion.

Springs, foglights, rear spoiler, iSt badging, iSt grille, lip kit, rear camber plates, Toyota Japan fuel door, axleback but will prolly get swapped out for the new Strup, header, cf hood, rear sway bar and brace, short shifter, and there's more. :eek: :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
BigBaby said:
I've got goldlines and one of my buddies has megans, his ride is so much better than mine. he's selling his box for an evo and I can't wait to get my hands on them megans. I'm not complaining about the goldlines they are cool, I just like the megans better.
this is so true, hate to say it but i have been in boxes w/s'techs, goldlines and megans. i have to say, the megans ride much better. the others are sooo soft. you get sea sick fast...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.