Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed about 3 months ago, 30min. Have to let the struts down a little bit to get the back nuts off.

What I noticed:

Looks cool.
Polished alum.
Cosmetic only.
Must jack up car to get the back mounting bolts off and on.
$65 shipped on ebay.

Looks great for the $$$.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do strut bars actually do anything for handling? Is the box so unrigid that strut bars are needed to keep the strut mounts from flexing?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ Don't know about on the xB, it mainly fills that big empty spot on top of the motor where you could store a dead body^^^

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Padanky said:
^^^ Don't know about on the xB, it mainly fills that big empty spot on top of the motor where you could store a dead body^^^
:D :D :D :D :D I needed that. I know you mentioned it being cosmetic, but can you tell any difference in the handling?

·
Registered
352 Posts
im not running a megan racing strut. but i feel a difference in cornering that puts a flex on front suspension. it does stiff up the front end a little

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a GTSpec front 4 pt frame brace...and you can tell it helps with the cornering forces...
would I need a front strut brace also, or would it suffice?

I also have the Progress Technology rear sway bar...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have the DC SPORTS strut bar and i noticed a difference when i added it. but i also added mine more for looks but did make difference when cornering

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
I am running the DC bar myself. I didn't really notice any handling benefits. I did notice a HUGE difference with my Hotchkis sway bars. But in reality, our cars are top heavy and prone to not being the best handling things out there. I am installing my subframe bars this weekend, ultra stiff hopefully.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't drive enough to notice a difference. 9000 miles in 13 months.
I don't think i've corner'd hard since I've had it. When I do drive a little distance I have two kids in the back seat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I put on the TRD Bar I actually felt a difference in the handling. It was only the 3rd mod I put after I bought the car. 1st the the Viper Alarm, 2nd the CAI and then the strut bar. Could it be that your first mods are most noticable than the rest because you are still close to stock? Just wondering because I felt a huge difference after I installed the CAI and strut bar.

God I can't believe that I am as happy about my car now as I was when I first bought it. Still remember the neighbors looking at me like the nut that I am for having a square Yellow car that resembles spongebob. LOL

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
I also have a DC front strut bar. At first I didn't notice any difference but now I've noticed that the box doesn't drive like a truck much. Before the ride was a bit bouncy but now it's smoothed out a lot and corners don't feel sketchy.

I'd say they do make a difference. Small but noticable none the less.

I was going to go with a rear suspension bar but didn't like the fact I'll need to lose more storage space in the back.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
You need to throw the box around a little to feel the bar. I feel it at 40 turning street corners. If you've never heard your VSC beep, you're not going fast enough.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scvscions said:
You need to throw the box around a little to feel the bar. I feel it at 40 turning street corners. If you've never heard your VSC beep, you're not going fast enough.:D
I've heard it plenty of times. That and somebody grabbing me arm. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.