Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed a few months back, Again about 45min. install time.

Things I noticed:

Gives a little top-end power.
Easy direct bolt up.
Very nice header.
Can't see it down behind the motor.
Gives a little more sound.
Very nice for the $$$.

$160 shipped eBay.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Resolve said:
about how much for the megan headers. Was thinking of doing my exhaust but wanted to do complete from header back..
I've heard good things about the Megan Headers.. Nice job Padanky.

I need to do this as well. I've heard that one has to be careful choosing their parts to work efficiently. For example, check the specs of their intake (CAI) and choosing a good match for their exhaust so that there is still enough backpressure for optimum performance. Is this true? And where does one acquire this info?

I am definitely going with a dual exhaust to match my rear bumper sometime later this year. I really don't want to spend money on performance parts only to screw up my performance.

I konw, I know, I am ScioNeurotic !

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I think the Megan header is less than a C-note. I wasn't impressed w/ the welds initially where the exhaust tubes where welded to the flange. It may have gotten better.

Also, early versions didn't have the nut welded to the lower flange to bolt the downpipe to it, and owners had to supply new nuts to get everything hooked up.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
squirrel said:
I think the Megan header is less than a C-note. I wasn't impressed w/ the welds initially where the exhaust tubes where welded to the flange. It may have gotten better.

Also, early versions didn't have the nut welded to the lower flange to bolt the downpipe to it, and owners had to supply new nuts to get everything hooked up.
yup, i had da 1st gen Megans and supplied my own nuts, and fo unda $90.
i likes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.