Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't really know what title to put, but heres my concern.
Lately, I have been in a meet where an xB owner/s have caught my alarming concern.
Ussually, if a meet is held on a parking lot, it is customary not to have loud music, burn out etc.
But the last meet I attended, is just too much.
Litting a joint on their closed xB.
I mean, I don't really care if they drink alcohol, do drugs and etc. its their right, their life, but man I don't think its appropriate to do this if they belong to the meets crowd. Chances are if theres a bust, then all of us can or might be detained.
and this is a bad rep for scion owners.
I will never attend to this meet again, even if its just too close to my place.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I agree with you Sid. Some people bring their kids and family to meets, and if someone wants to do their drugs and stuff leave it at home or for parties or whatever. Don't bring it to the meets!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kevs, lets just say its around 626, held on a store parking lot. It does not matter what meet it is, I hope everyone consider not doing it on meets and gtg.
Thanks Angie, yeah I bring my kids sometimes too!! not a place for them if this is what going on.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That's something that should never happen. A few of us experienced that just two weeks ago at another meet. If this kind of behavior continues we will lose our welcome at the local meeting spots and it gives us a bad name.

If you want to perform brain surgery, do it before you get there.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
usually car meets should be pretty mild i mean u dont want the meets getting stopped because of someone disturbing the neighboring areas. The meets i usually go to are pretty tame its mainly to go grub somewhere good =) but yeah man doing burnouts n stuff is just stupid.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
damn, i agree with you Sid.. thats bad stuffs that some of us dont want to be involved or be around with..

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
^^Ditto.

I would never return to a meet if that kind of nonsense was going on.

Heck, we have kids running around at nearly all of our meets. (The challenge is not to squish ‘em.) Although some of our members do drink I’ve only seen it in moderation while eating out. The general drink of choice is Dr. Pepper. Show up with a case of that and you’ll make friends.

Though in all fairness, were these troublemakers club regulars or newbies?

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
if the meet is held by a "car club", there should be a stipulation in their by-laws regards to no alcohol/drugs at meets shows GTG's (get together's) unless sanctioned by promoters at a show with proper licensing; and for proper age for drinking.

in cali there is a law that states, no drunk in public/alcohol in public. that in itself should be a warning to all.

if you wanna do what you like, thats your right. but when it infringes upon someones rights or the law of the state, then we have set guidlines/rules that we need to adhere to.

and no, im not a "party pooper" im just very aware of my surroundings.

erie. :cool:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey guys, I just want to let everyone knows, that I am already contacted, apologized and told that this will not happen anymore on this meet. It is all good and I hope other meets will be cool with this.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.