Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a friend who has a friend that works at a dodge dealer.. told him bout installing my fujita knock off short air intake.. he said that after it was installed some sort of programming had to be done for the car to pick it up.. etc.. .. i told about the ecu reset but ehh.. so iono what to do... imma just get a fujita sri.. :D any takers???

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
HE don't know what he's talking about. It takes a lot more than bolt ons in order to need to modify or mess with our ecu.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HE don't know what he's talking about. It takes a lot more than bolt ons in order to need to modify or mess with our ecu.
just hook up the f5 and reset the ecu?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I haven't reset my ECU at all, with any of my mods.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Weapon R, I think I payed $140 through eBay.

Oh, I get 25-27mpg in town. Seems low to me, not sure if resetting the ECU will do anything for it though. Mostly 3-5 mile trips around town, nothing too far.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weapon R, I think I payed $140 through eBay.

Oh, I get 25-27mpg in town. Seems low to me, not sure if resetting the ECU will do anything for it though. Mostly 3-5 mile trips around town, nothing too far.
niceee... ive seen the fujita f5 sri's for like 140 on ebay... im thinking on getting one of those since everybody has em in here..

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The instructions with the intake said just to reset the ECU. Haven't had any problems wih it yet. I've had the Fujita SRI for about 8 months now.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I got my Weapon R about two years ago.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The intake was the first power mod I did. Tim and I disconnected the battery during the install. After it was all said and done, we just let the car idle for about 30 minutes. Might sound a bit long, but we wanted to make sure the sensor was reading the air flow correctly.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
signs of the mass air flow sensor not working will bring what kind of side effects?? somebody fill in the blanks..

·
Registered
106 Posts
If the MAF fails, performance will suffer. The car won't level out and the car would have noticable problems at idle.

I'm under the impression that you will end up reusing the stock sensor anyway so I don't see how this could be a problem.

Regarding the ECU, it'll adjust the right fuel mapping depending on how much air is coming through.

I wouldn't worry about it since your sensor and the ECU can handle the extra flow-through with naturally aspirated engine.

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the MAF fails, performance will suffer. The car won't level out and the car would have noticable problems at idle.

I'm under the impression that you will end up reusing the stock sensor anyway so I don't see how this could be a problem.

Regarding the ECU, it'll adjust the right fuel mapping depending on how much air is coming through.

I wouldn't worry about it since your sensor and the ECU can handle the extra flow-through with naturally aspirated engine.
ahh.. thats a load off my back.. good looking out man..

·
On here once in a while!
547 Posts
I work at a dealership and NO you don't have to do anything to the ecu. Just slap the intake on and you are good to go. The ecu will automatically adjust for the extra airflow to the engine...:)

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I work at a dealership and NO you don't have to do anything to the ecu. Just slap the intake on and you are good to go. The ecu will automatically adjust for the extra airflow to the engine...:)
yeah.. i did that.. and when i turn on the engine.. it slowly chokes out until it dies out.. i dunno what i doing wrong.. i do everything thats in the intake diy in here.. and still the same..

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It's possible your sensor is damaged. Find yourself a junkyard with an Echo that still has it's sensor and yank it. :D

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
your friend dont know anything maybe thats why hes at dodge (jk:)), you dont need to do anything to our ecu for just an intake...

·
Registered
974 Posts
That friend of yours must work on alot of motorcycles. Motorcycles are the only vehicles I have ever seen where you have to make an adjustment for an intake or exhaust. And thats only when they are carbureated.

ECU's can figure out intake and exhaust mods on their own without adjustment.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.