Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daddy always told me growing up, if you're gonna cut something, measure twice, cut once. I guess the same would apply to painting. I was trying out a new mod on my Box the other day by painting the top half of my side marker lights to give it a little eyebrow appearance. Well, this is what I had planned on it looking like:

This one turned out fine. It's the other side I had a little problem with:
I put them on the work bench while I masked them off and ended up lining them up both the same way. When I put them back on the Box one was upside down. :eek:

So I ordered these off of eBay and just got them yesterday. Clear side lenses. 20 bucks plus shipping and they came with bulbs.

I'm digging the way they look. At rest:

And lighted:

The only thing I'm not happy with is the quality of the rubber spacer. It's kind of thick and doesn't fit as snug as the OEM side markers. I may go back and try the fist mod again by stripping off the paint and masking them the right way this time. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
SurfCity......I have those same aftermarket one's but smoked.....If you take off the gasket and mold your own (I did out of clear silicone I just put a small bead all the way around let it dry) and re-fit. LIKE A GLOVE!! Mine kept popping out before I did this.

Peace!!

SupaGlove......... just get your fingers behind it or a plastic spachula and pop off.

·
Registered
131 Posts
you know what would be sweet. if you put the letters xb in the middle and you would paint on on the outside, so the letters xb would be clear.. and the rest what coclor you want.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
man thats a good idea too bad you messed up though. i didn't get to catch your show while down south but i'll be back there soon so i'll try then. does anyone know where i can get some transparent black paint so i can smoke all my lights?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
These are what I'm replacing mine with. Mini, I will start on them sometime this week.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Padanky said:
These are what I'm replacing mine with. Mini, I will start on them sometime this week.
Can't wait to see this mod, Chris. You gonna paint them to match, or leave them black?

And Mark, your new side markers look kinda like the JDM units, very nice. :cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Can't wait to see this mod, Chris. You gonna paint them to match, or leave them black?

And Mark, your new side markers look kinda like the JDM units, very nice. :cool:

Leave them black.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That's one of my future mods! I love that look and I like the side marker look, too! Hmmm, plenty of mods for me and the man to do! Good thing they are inexpensive.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Padanky said:

That is gonna look awesome! Cool idea man. How big are those?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
xjeepguy said:
That is gonna look awesome! Cool idea man. How big are those?
about 8x1.5

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
So I ordered these off of eBay and just got them yesterday. Clear side lenses. 20 bucks plus shipping and they came with bulbs.

And lighted:
Those side markers are actually in very high demand. I get requests for those al of the time. I replaced my bulbs w/ PIAA bulbs. At night they are really bright. I did this as I do most of my driving at night when I'm working.

GREAT FIND!

·
Registered
614 Posts
surfcitylocal said:

And lighted:

The only thing I'm not happy with is the quality of the rubber spacer. It's kind of thick and doesn't fit as snug as the OEM side markers. I may go back and try the fist mod again by stripping off the paint and masking them the right way this time. :D
I have them on my BSP box.I had to trim them to get them to fit correctly.I have one that is getting condensation in it too:rolleyes: I do however like the look.Concept is good quality is so so.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lostreception said:
surf where did you get the color match paint from looks real nice btw

I got it from paintscratch.com awesome color match by factory code. Although truth be told, the paint on the side marker is Fushion. I got the paintscratch for some damage that was done to my front lip.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.