Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the deal, ive had my 06 since feb., its got about 9k miles. the only thing ive done to it is put rims.. but the power is killing me, really an issue. i work 30 miles from home so im on the highway a lot, and as you all know the xb sucks trying to pass someone, so i pretty much gotta get the box up to 80 or 90 an keep it there the whole way to work. i bought my box knowing it would lack power, but i dindt realize how bad it really would be haha..

so i want to either supercharge it or turbo it.. but im not sure which to do, ive read quite a few threads on here about them and im still not sure.. so some questions i have are, which is more expensive?, which would give me more passing power on the highway?, which is more fuel efficient?

i have more questions but i just cant think of them right now, we really need a chat room here lol anyways, if anyone can help me out here it would be great, i plan on doin it in the next couple of months hopfully.. thanks - tim

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, the only upgrades was new rims.. would small upgrades like intake an stuff really add a significant amount of power?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok, I tell you what I have done..... change my air filter to Hurricane stainless steel, changed my lubs to Texas revolution,.... I think that increases my pick up such that I am overtaking quite comfortably...... however, I do not know if these two items are available in US and btw, I drive a 1.3 litres auto bB...

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
hayalex6 said:
have you tried an intake? A lightweight pulley? A header?
I'm with Alex on this one. I only have an intake right now (more to come), but it really does make a difference (especially since I have an auto.)

You could also take up some of the slack in the throttle cable, it won't make it "faster", but you will have much better response.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i should deffinitly do headers, intake, exaust, an pulleys before i blow 2500 on sc or turbo

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I/H/E and pulley, and I guess you got a Auto and not a stick? Auto would be your first problem.

Perrin Pulley gave me the most gains.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Like everyone else said, an intake, header, exhaust, & pulley should do the trick. The problem will be the sound levels... A turbo or supercharger requires lots of tuning & downtime to get it right. It's too much of a hassle for most people. If you have the time, money, & patience to go that route, then you buy all means do that. ( ^_^)/

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Padanky said:
I/H/E and pulley, and I guess you got a Auto and not a stick? Auto would be your first problem.

Perrin Pulley gave me the most gains.

nah i have a stick

·
Registered
22 Posts
bcPBox said:
ok so heres the deal, ive had my 06 since feb., its got about 9k miles. the only thing ive done to it is put rims.. but the power is killing me, really an issue. i work 30 miles from home so im on the highway a lot, and as you all know the xb sucks trying to pass someone, so i pretty much gotta get the box up to 80 or 90 an keep it there the whole way to work. i bought my box knowing it would lack power, but i dindt realize how bad it really would be haha..

so i want to either supercharge it or turbo it.. but im not sure which to do, ive read quite a few threads on here about them and im still not sure.. so some questions i have are, which is more expensive?, which would give me more passing power on the highway?, which is more fuel efficient?

i have more questions but i just cant think of them right now, we really need a chat room here lol anyways, if anyone can help me out here it would be great, i plan on doin it in the next couple of months hopfully.. thanks - tim
How about leaving for work 5 minutes earlier and driving the speed limit? You'll get better gas mileage and avoid paying Johnny Lawman. You'll also find it less aggravating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.