Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking at this forum a lot, and i've noticed a lot of talk about the "bB"... my question is, WHAT IS THAT?? its all over ebay too! i just bought my xb yesturday so im confused! :(

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
BrentR said:
i've been looking at this forum a lot, and i've noticed a lot of talk about the "bB"... my question is, WHAT IS THAT?? its all over ebay too! i just bought my xb yesturday so im confused! :(
You know how they say "there is no stupid question"? Well there isn't. bB is the Japanese model of the xB. Or you could say xB is the American version of the bB.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Its from japan Toyota bB its were our Scion xb got the idea from they look identicle except for a few deferences . U can google images look up Toyota bB :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just googled it and... ugh, i dont think i like them at all!

thanks for the quick responces!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Bb = black box at least that what it said it this Bb mag at autobacs
Bb japan
xb us.
Bb right side drive
xb left
and some other things
Besides the obvious change from right to left-hand drive, the front passenger area has changed significantly. The bB has a front bench seat and a column-mounted shifter for the automatic transmission. The xB, on the other hand, has 2 front bucket seats and a shifter mounted on the floor.

The available drivetrains also differ. The bB is available with either the 1.3 L 2NZ-FE engine or the 1.5 L 1NZ-FE, mated exclusively to a 4-speed automatic transmission with available all-wheel drive. The xB is only available with the 1NZ-FE, but offers both a 4-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual transmission. All-wheel drive is not offered on the xB.

The Toyota bB has a temporary spare tire stored under the rear cargo floor. On the Scion xB, a compact spare tire is stored under the left side of the rear cargo floor. Since the spare tire raised the cargo floor by several inches, a storage compartment was added to the right of the spare tire to reclaim some of the lost storage space. A jack is stored under the driver's seat of the xB.

xBD - Scion Ducati Edition xB This concept was a joint endevour of Toyota and Ducati to produce a high performance, off road rally testbed. Ducati decided to use a 3S-GTE instead of the 1NZ-FE normally placed in the North american bound scion xBs. Replacing the normal spring and rocker design with a desmodromic system they were able to extract almost unheard of horsepower to displacement ratio. Though tests were inconclusive of the amount of power to wheel, it was generally believed to have in excess of 740 HP as tested on several different dynomometers. Unfortunatly the the xBD never made it past the road testing. Only three were produced, all were camo green. Having lost two in tests and the third one was put into storage.

The Toyota bB has a pull-out storage tray under the passenger seat.

The Scion xB is the American-market name given to the subcompact Toyota bB. It is a small wagon based on the Toyota Yaris platform. The xB was one of two models in the lineup of Toyota's US-exclusive Scion division present at the brand's 2004 launch (the other was the xA, based on the Toyota ist). Both cars feature the 1NZ-FE engine, rated at 108 hp (81 kW) at 6000 rpm and 105 lb-ft of torque at 4200 rpm.

The Toyota bB was an established model in Japan before the Scion xB version was introduced to the US.

hope this helps found at wikipedia.com

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
that article about xbd. total bullshit. never heard of it , never been done , no pictures , oh and if toyota wanted to join up with a high perf bike company they'd use yamaha like they have for years. the 3sgte is a yamaha motor!!!!.

retarded.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
hotbox05 said:
that article about xbd. total bullshit. never heard of it , never been done , no pictures , oh and if toyota wanted to join up with a high perf bike company they'd use yamaha like they have for years. the 3sgte is a yamaha motor!!!!.

retarded.
ok dude look it up wikipedia.com :rolleyes:

·
Registered
402 Posts
bB antenna is in the front....outside passenger a-pillar........unlike ours which is the rear window.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
short bus said:
ok dude look it up wikipedia.com :rolleyes:
ok. trust me. i work directly with toyota.

I know corporate tech reps. there never was such a thing.

and if you want to be so niave as to believe there was. you would have seen tons of pictures and there would be multiple copycat motorswapped xB's everywhere.

·
I'm Awesome.
10,701 Posts
Not for nothing, but I'm not sure if the XBd exists either. However, I'm pretty sure anybody can go onto Wikipedia.com and edit those entries. I remember a few months ago, when Wikipedia had to temporarily close down, because Stephen Colbert, of Comedy Centrals Colbert Report told his viewers to go to the site, and change all the facts to blatant lies.

All things aside, I would love for one of the more knowledgable guys around here to really edit that wikipedia site to give some great information. Since I've only had my box for 6 weeks, I dont think I know enough yet, as I'm still in the learning stages.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I NEver heard of it either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Toup said:
All things aside, I would love for one of the more knowledgable guys around here to really edit that wikipedia site to give some great information. Since I've only had my box for 6 weeks, I dont think I know enough yet, as I'm still in the learning stages.
Where's Tomas when you need him? The man is a genious!

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
IF toyota wanted to do something with a bike manufacturer and use teh 3sgte they'd use YAMAHA... the 3sgte is a YAMAHA MOTOR!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.