Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 08 specs, it says 14 gallon tank...

Today...I was able to put in 14.151 gallons!!!! Woohoo!!!

xbFullx.jpg

*no gas was wasted outside of the tank
**no gas was injured for the completion of this picture
***chevron gas only

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. This gas station has a high flow of consumers. They can't afford to neglect responsibility and quality. It sounds naïve, but all of my cars run great and I use this gas station for more than 10 years or so now.

Check out their yelp review. (Yes...they have been yelped...LOL)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chevron-la-palma-3

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I am thinking here that some folks really fill their tanks to the brim !!! I have heard that its not good to really fill it that high !!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that it's bad to OVERfill because it will damage the fuel filter, but I've been filling to the brim for years on all of my cars and none have Overfilled (liquid coming out). Nothing bad so far that I can see or feel. So, I'm sure I hit the limit or right under.

·
Registered
303 Posts
just because the place gets hi customer volume doesnt mean anything.

i have several gas stations that i hit regularly and they all fill up fairly consistently. this past tank i found a super cheap 76 on gas guru in the hollywood area. so cheap, i had to wait in line to fill up! but sadly in the end, i must have pumped about an extra 3/4 of an entire gallon so the price difference was pretty much negated completely. not to mention it totally threw off my scan gauge when i plugged in the fill up amount.

ever since ive owned this car (and my last car), i have always kept track of my fillups. there are definitely pumps out there that short you on gas. sometimes the pumps differ at the same station even. sometimes its a huge difference and it doesnt seem like anyone notices. it pisses me off though which is why i hate filling up outside of my regular spots

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
/\/\.. You are so right on this !! When I fill up at a different station the1st gallon I put in I look to see if it matches the price per gallon that is shown !!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Owners manual says 14 gals. That is tank capacity. The filler neck being filled can account for the additional capacity. There is a vent line at the top of the filler neck that goes to a charcoal canister. That is part of the emissions system. Raw gas going into the canister can damage the unit. Used to be a $400 item on 1st gen. Don't know on 2nd gen. FYI

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
/\/\ He is right !! I fill the tank slowly till it clicks ... Then wait 10 sec. and do 2 more clicks and thats all for me !!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts