Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to do a little figuring out before I do anymore buying. I have already purchased a rockford fosgate amp. Rockford Fosgate P6002 Rated Power 150 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms RMS, 300 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS, 600 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms bridged RMS. After talking to people on here I have decided to go with 2 12" Kicker L7's. Now I am trying to decide if I should buy the 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs and what wiring setup would be best. After searching I found the Woofer Wiring Wizard. I believe that the best setup for me would be found at this link, Setup #2: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rfte...+woofers&WoofImp=Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2

I believe that this would match up with the amp so that I would be able to bridge it for max power. Am I correct that this picture shows a 4 ohm load at the amp, the amp I have is stable at a 4 ohm load to give 600 watts when bridged, and that this would be the best setup?
Is this amp big enough to move these subs at all? Even if it isn't I just bought it and I'm stuck with it! hahaha Later I'll probably be asking about enclosures...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ok If the fosgate amp can do 600 x 1 RMS at 4 ohm go with one of the 12" Kicker L7 Dual 2 ohm speakers and wire it as a 4 ohm speaker and you will be doing great.

If you go with 2 of the L7s wiring it like you want you will only be getting about 300 RMS to each speaker so only working speaker at about half of its capbility so really just spending extra money for no reason when you can run one sub with full 600 RMS and it will probably sound a lot better also.. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You may even be able to go with 1 12" Kicker L5 with dual 2 ohm those are rated at 600 RMS so amp would match up perfectly with them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't I still push more air with 2 12's even though they aren't fully powered?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes will push more air but doesnt mean it will be louder.. A friend of mine is running two 12s running about 500 rms each (1000 RMS total) and i am running 4 12s with running 300 rms each (1200 RMS total) and we both hit about the same.. so number of subs doesnt always matter escpecially in a small vehicle like the xb. if you make the box to the specs recommended by the manufacturer and run the right power to the sub you should be fine. plus save money.

also

·
Registered
354 Posts
Also I have done a few SPL comps and when i had 2 subs running total of about 600 RMS i was keeping up with the guys (dB wise) running 3 and 4 subs like kicker and rockford .. its all about how you set it up not always what you have. and if you power the subs correctly.

·
Registered
361 Posts
running 2 L7's off that amp will sound all distorted at high volume. if you run that amp bridged to just 1 sub it will sound alot better and hit alot harder. I'd recomend picking up another one of thoes amps and run 1 amp per sub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.