Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all parts are needed no buying a manual car not an option have a cousin that just did the opposite in his 08 thought bout just trading but as his is bagged and mine is lifted and didn't wanna swap everything over but now my auto is dying and I have a cross country trip coming up in few mnths to set roots 3k miles away and would rather use what I have then spend a fortune
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Sky

Tire Vehicle Car Sky Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
350 Posts
What all parts are needed no buying a manual car not an option have a cousin that just did the opposite in his 08 thought bout just trading but as his is bagged and mine is lifted and didn't wanna swap everything over but now my auto is dying and I have a cross country trip coming up in few mnths to set roots 3k miles away and would rather use what I have then spend a fortune View attachment 80740
View attachment 80739
View attachment 80738
Sounds like you answered your own question. It'd be cheaper to get a $400 auto tranny- and pop it in because with the stick you'd have clutch linkage and cables to connect and holes to drill- Now if your current auto can make the 3k mile trip fine- but if not pop another auto in there ( with a warranty most JDM parts yards have a warranty) and on your way. Worry about making it a stick shift later. Besides you'll be in the heart of winter in two months so weigh your options. That's my $.02 cents. Others should chime in..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think you have to change out the harnesses and ecu besides all the other parts needed
Much easier to just sell your car and buy a manual version
.......and when it comes time to pass inspection, the cars also gonna be flagged for referee verification due to the VIN barcode on the car not matching the digital VIN stored in the ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts