Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man, what a big mistake.....

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  hotbox05 
#1 ·
I got the platinum extended warranty when I bought my box last march. I just got through re-reading the fine print and it seems I pissed my money away. They have a written loophole in this contract so they dont have to cover anything at all. If you change your own oil, or run oversized rims/tires, if you lower your box, if you have anyone other than the dealer do any kind of work on the box, they wont cover........

I am gonna cancel this thing monday morning!!! Has anyone else cashed theirs in, how does it work? It says they will pro-rate it if you cash it out, and the remaining balance goes to the leinholder, will that lower my payment, or just come off the principle?

#2 ·
Yea They Tried To Get Me To On That . They Just Sent Me A Last Chance Thing In The Mail ... Rip In The Trash ...

#3 · (Edited)
Not true. I have the extended warranty, my box is lowered, and my husband does our oil changes. When my AC went out a few months back, the dealer covered everything, no questions asked.

So, yeah, they CAN say no - but unless it's most obviously related to some mod or whatever, I would say that they probably won't deny the claim. I know that we have dealers on the forum who can fill you in better on all that. Alex, for one.

#4 ·
boxd_up said:
Not true. I have the extended warranty, my box is lowered, and my husband does our oil changes. When my AC went out a few months back, the dealer covered everything, no questions asked.

So, yeah, they CAN say no - but unless it's most obviously related to some mod or whatever, I would say that they probably won't deny the claim. I know that we have dealers on the forum who can fill you in better on all that. Alex, for one.
Was it under your factory warranty, or the extended warranty?

I am gonna call them tomorrow and ask them whats up. If they handle things like their contract says I'm cashing it in. We'll see what they say.

#5 ·
Uh, Jeep guy is you warranty for sure the actual Toyota warranty? Some dealers, especially in the SE region, sell warranties other than the actual Toyota warranty - it is a regional distributor thing.

Just checking. Not saying yours is or isn't, just something to watch out for.

Also the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act has a lot to say about what will or won't 'break' a warranty...

Tomas

#6 ·
That is one of the things I am a little angry about now that you mention it. The salesman told me it is the Toyota Platinum extended warranty, but the paperwork had a different name on it. I really didnt notice it at the time since it was on the back side of the 2nd sheet. The front page was rather plain looking with no letterhead. I didnt even think about making sure it was with Toyota, since he said it was, and I was in fact buying a Toyota. I had no idea they had different carriers for warranties until now. I normally dont buy new cars, as I usually drive beaters. This was a definate learning experience for me.

#7 ·
yeah, they "tricked" me into getting the non-Scion alarm system. And I was really p.o.'d but it was my fault for not checking over the paperwork thoroughly either, and I never stated which system I wanted, just assumed I was getting Scion stuff. Anyway, it turned out okay, after going through a period of alarm issues where it was set too sensitive and going off all the time and I was on the brink of ripping the whole thing out myself ... but it's fixed now! And people have said this alarm is better anyway.

I hope you get the answers you need.

#8 ·
boxd_up said:
yeah, they "tricked" me into getting the non-Scion alarm system. And I was really p.o.'d but it was my fault for not checking over the paperwork thoroughly either, and I never stated which system I wanted, just assumed I was getting Scion stuff. Anyway, it turned out okay, after going through a period of alarm issues where it was set too sensitive and going off all the time and I was on the brink of ripping the whole thing out myself ... but it's fixed now! And people have said this alarm is better anyway.

I hope you get the answers you need.
I got the Toyota alarm rather than the Scion alarm and I'm really happy with it. I didn't have to get the little noise device in the dash either! Woot. :D

#11 ·
No need to run out in the cold to get a number from a non-Toyota alarm, I was just curious what Toyota alarm system slips into the xB, other than the 08586-52960 and 08586-52961 designed for the xB.

Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.