Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some advice on what type of oils and spark plugs to use.i got 55k miles on my box and i havent done a major tune up.im thinking of taking it to the dealer and having them change the oil on it for me since i get free oil changes for 4 years.after that im gonna do the rest my self.i need advice on what tranny oill and spark plugs to run.i think it be chaper to do it my self but i still like quality parts.thanks for the help

·
Registered
140 Posts
My advice would be to stick with the regular denso or ngk plugs and change them every 30k. Also, check the gap with a gauge because sometimes new ones dont come gapped properly. Also, if the dealer will do your oil chages for free, take advantage of it. After that, you may want to consider using a synthetic like Mobil 1 and change the filter with every oil change. Also, I would check the brake pads for wear and possibly rotate your tires.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would be the best tranny fluid for a manual?i might get new brales too but the tires will be rebalanced when i get my 501s

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
manuals don't have fluid like a auto has fluid...I think it uses the same fluid as your brakes...i know my 626 is like that...

·
Registered
140 Posts
a manual from what i recall uses a gear oil that is usually 80w or 90w, but check your owners manual for details or im sure if you call the dealer theyll know

·
Registered
974 Posts
I wouldn't bother with any synthetic fluids or any special plugs.

Get your oil changed every 3000-5000 at the dealer while you can for free and when it comes to tune ups, just use basic parts. Copper plugs like NGK Coppers, Denso coppers or whatever comes in the xB from the factor is all you need.

You don't need to spend extra money on synthetic fluids either as long as you change your standard fluids in the recommended replacement intervals. Synthetics do cause a little less wear and do last a little longer, but you don't really save any money, in fact it probably costs more to run them. As long as you change your fluids as often as Toyota recommends you are fine with saving some money on the standard stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.