Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
turn the key to the on postion (not cranked) press and hold the trip button for the odmeter till lines come up then hold it till they start going away one by one....then cut the key off after they have gone away then crank it and that should take care of the mant. req. problem

·
Registered
520 Posts
yes but if you like most car guys change your oil every 3000 it won't come on until 5000 because toyota has it set on all there cars for needing an oil change every 5000 instead of 3000....i change mine every 3 and so naturally i ran into this problem but the dealership told me how to reset it so i didn't have to take it up there

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
i had my oil changed back but the button was never reset. can the dealership reset it even before it hits that 5000 mark?

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
if u change ur oil sooner at 3000 miles :D In case you didn't know and would like to use this function, when you hold the odometer reset knob and turn on the ignition, 5 bars in the odometer display flash and then sequentially go out. Each of these bars represents 1k miles. If you want to set the light to come on in 3k miles, let go of the reset knob with 2 bars remaining. 4k with 1 bar remaining and so on. Each bar that goes out will be 1k miles before the light comes on. just tid bit of info u might like to know :cool:

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
i tried doing mine but no lines came up... my finger started bleeding from holding the button down :D just kidding... but seriously tho, nothing happens, i tried so many times...

is it:
turn key to on, then press button hold down until lines come up... once gone let go of the button then turn key to start...
is that right?

·
Registered
288 Posts
xBx29xEF said:
i tried doing mine but no lines came up... my finger started bleeding from holding the button down :D just kidding... but seriously tho, nothing happens, i tried so many times...

is it:
turn key to on, then press button hold down until lines come up... once gone let go of the button then turn key to start...
is that right?
no, that's wrong. first put the key to the on position, and then press the button. turn the key off and then turn back on again. after a couple seconds you should see the lines. all five may not show up depending on how far the countdown is. hope this helps :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.