Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting AXIS DECADE 18x8 + maxis 2x2 wheels, what tire size should I get? I have Proggressive coil springs the 1.8 front 1.5 drop rear ones, OTG spacers and Konis front and rear. i havent installed any parts yet because I want to drive my box stock for a few thousand miles to shake her out and get a feel for the standard setup. But I'm really starting to get itchy and I dont know how long I can hold on...
I've been looking at tires in the 225/35ZR-18 and 215/35ZR-18 sizes 225's look good and only about a half inch larger in diameter would they rub? I think they would fit the rim width better.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Well my Decades are wrapped in Nitto Neo-Gens 215/35ZR18's

BUT its a personal preference I just liked Nitto and axis put my wheels on for me and they said I made a great choice too. :)

I love my Decades!! I had to wash my box in this weather today bc I can't drive around with my Decades dirty!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those wheels really go well on your box. They dont look like the tires would rub at all. From the closeup in your gallery are the sidewalls stretched?
I might try the 225's because I am driving all day long for work and that size would give me a bit more sidewall to protect the rims.
BTW my box needs washing too. :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I didnt do anything out of the norm to my box. No stretching or anything my box is the family box and my daily driver....I asked axis/Wheel studio what was best for MY situation and they told me what they thought. I dont mind the ride at all I could drive all day. I go to CA almost every other weekend and I love the ride everytime!! The ride is easy to get used too, my husbands on 20's too, I dont like it but Im used to it and it doesnt bother me. I am getting spacers tho for the rear.

Theres is NO rubbing not even during U Turn! Not even when I hit dips and believe me Ive been known to hit them!!! I drive like Im in a race car. :eek:

Its supposed to look stretched tho w/o being stretched.

I haven't had ONE bad thing said to me about my wheels, its just funny when ppl look at my wheels ON MY BOX and tell me you can't put those wheels on a Scion. LOL Gee I wonder how I drove off then....:rolleyes:

You'll love them I promise!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
215/35-18 has a rolling diameter very close to the OEM rolling diameter, and the 225s are slightly taller. Depending on the drop, you may or may not have rubbing issues w/ the 225s.

I'm on 215s on all four corners, but 7.5s up front and 8.5s in back. I rub at full lock up front, but the fender arch is 23.125 inches or less above the ground. The rears are at 23.125 inches also.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
fujiz_xb said:
squirrel do you rub because you are on coilovers?

i had the 215/35/18 dropped with tanabe and no rubbing issues on 7.5

also can you put ^^^ on 18x8
The fronts rub at full lock. It rubs on the inner plastic fender liner. The rears don't rub since the fenders are partially roilled, but they are going to be fully rolled sometime in the near future.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Cravin said:
I havent installed my springs and shocks yet. They're suposed to drop it 1.8 in front 1.5 in rear. Is it difficult to roll the lips? everyone says use a baseball bat, I could take a homerun swing at my fender but you know.......
If you are only going w/ a 1.5 inch drop in the rear, you won't necessarily need to roll your fenders unless you plan on carrying some heavy loads.

I'm on at least a 3, maybe 3.5 inch drop in the rear, w/ 18x8.5 +35 offset wheels, and 3 degrees negative camber.

I used a wooden Louisville Slugger to roll a 45 degree angle to my rear fender lip.

This was taken in Oct 2005:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I ordered my tires, Hankook 225/35-18's, the guys at Americas Tire where I have been buying my tires and wheels for a while were telling me no way that tire and wheel will fit. They said they woudnt install them on my box. whatever, I will do that myself when I put the springs and shocks on later. One of the guys there has an XB he says the biggest he would go was 17's.
meh, now I'm hoping they will fit. But I gotta go for it now! easy come easy go. :cool:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thats STUPID!!!!

We have 20's on one of our boxes and axis had NO problem making them fit {removed a fourth of an inch of black plastic and hit the back wall three times}, and there is MINIMAL rubbage at full lock but come on for the most part, how often does one make a damn u turn!!

If 20's will fit with 225/30/ZR20's then 17's/18's should be a breeze!! {my 18x8's AAMOF, fit wonderfully NO rubbage ever and NO modification to make them work either!!}

Tell them to research the damn box before they blow smoke out their asses!

I hate hearing you can put that on a Scion/Skyon!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Hey I had to do that here! To a very big name motorsport co.

They insisted I could NOT put 18x8 staggered offset wheels on my box! Even after I showed them a pic of a box with my wheels on it!

Sooo the first Monday after returning from Cali with my wheels I went over there!! Guess what....the guy told me I cant drive my box like that!! :eek:

LOL I said yeah tell that to the three hour trip I just made to get home from CA!

And they're supposed to be the smartest highest class place in this town! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.