Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to purchase a set of coilovers for my box on 20's. but i would like it 2 be lower than what i have already. any pics would be appreciated. And please save the "20's dont belong" im not asking about wheel size just droppped as low as possible on 20's.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What springs are you currently sitting on?

Your best bet would be to go with a coil-over that has a high degree of adjustability. Something that can drop you pretty low, but get you back to stock if necessary. Anything that adjusts the height of the strut separately from the spring perch should work well. Look into Ksport, D2, HKS, Cusco, JIC, etc. I would skip brands like Tein, Progress, etc. for your particular application.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ill actually disagree to some extent. Being that 20s jack your box SO high, youll want something with most drop possible. Thatll lead you to Progress and Ksport/D2. I dont have pics, but theres a local midwest box here with 20s that had Progress. The front lip was still at pretty much stock height with drop. Stay away from Tein/Jic if you want a low drop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
currently i have megan racing springs with a coil cut off it seems relitivly low but i want lower i hear progress are the lowest. not neccesarily looking for best performance mainly lowest not looking for a harsh ride but i would compromise for the right look.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill actually disagree to some extent. Being that 20s jack your box SO high, youll want something with most drop possible. Thatll lead you to Progress and Ksport/D2. I dont have pics, but theres a local midwest box here with 20s that had Progress. The front lip was still at pretty much stock height with drop. Stay away from Tein/Jic if you want a low drop.
im all for a big wheel and low drop to me nothing looks better than a tucked wheel. my xb right now actually sits about an 1" 1/4 lower than my buddies stock mica xb. i prefer the extra clearance the larger wheel tire combo gives. but im still looking to get back down to earth if you catch me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also would be interested in seeing the k sport and the pros and cons between them and progress but pics are important.

·
Registered
198 Posts
thanks scotty for putting that up there, at that time the rear was at full drop but the springs had not settled, i did however rub the gas hose line over big bumps, needless to say i raised it up a little, the front is dropped about 1 3/4 you can go to 2 inch but youll rub alot on aproaches into drive ways and things like that. The rear in that pics is dropped all the way down which is 3 inches, correct me if im wrong scotty its been awhile since i checked the specs on the progress coilovers. My lip in that picture is about dead even with an xb with a trd drop so about one inch over stock. Let me know if you have anymore questions

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
so if i have this right the front will go down 2" and the rear 3"? i hear all kinds of crazy numbers like 4" but i love the way the rear looks do you think the front could be made to match? (rubbing aside)And not to ask a bunch of questions hows the ride layed out?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
The first xB that I know was here in the Bay Area.

Chris had a set of Foose Stars right after SEMA in 2003, beginning of 2004. He was on a set of cut Eibachs, and there was a ton of work to get them to fit. Besides rolling the fender lips, the firewall had to be airhammered so the wheels could turn to full lock.

There's a PW owned by Rich (IIRC), but he's on air.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and not for nothing are we talking about the cs1's that are supposed to be adjustable 1-4" or the newer style with only the front coilover and adjustable (1-3") rear spring for use with your stock shock? :confused:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Scotty, the reason I mentioned the coilovers I did and not Progress was for the greater degree of adjustability. You can tune the springs independent of the drop. And most of them will allow you just as much drop as the Progress if not more.

And some of those sets include camber plates so you can fine tune your camber to allow for more clearance on the big rollers. It is good to see Greg's xB on the Progress though. I don't even know if I had seen pix of it since it was on drop springs. Looks good on those coilovers. And it appears that they work quite well on the 20s.

·
Registered
198 Posts
the front really cant go lower, maybe a little more but anytime you turn to much youll rub , and with a 30 series tire you dont wanna be cutting rubber off your tire everytime you turn

·
Registered
126 Posts
these are the 20" mkw setup I been eyballin since I bought he car that Daniels got on his ride (damb it) w/ tanabe springs and looks great, But I would definitely want it to be adjustable.
tho daniels.jpg http://www.cardomain.com/ride/725242

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.