Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The wheels I am looking to get are 8.5" all around.
Whats the lowest offset I go with without rubbing. I will be running 215/45/17" tires all around.

Offset choices are:
+25/+30/+35.

I am getting +25 offset for the rear but would +35 offset work in front without rubbing issues??

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had +20 in front so +25 should be good.... go lower in the rear..

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Id personally do +25 in front and back. Then, get a set of OTG shims for the rears thatll push it out 10mm. Youll be running an effective offset of +15 in back. It will be flush, yet still allow you to rotate the tires. Another question for ya, are you going to camber in front or back at all?

My choice honestly would be go +25 all around if it were me buying wheels again. The rubbing will depend on how low you are of course too. What suspension are you on by chance?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a little more feedback on my suspension.

I will be on Tanabe DF210 with Tokico HTS struts and shocks.
I do not plan on chambering my wheels.
I already have a set of OTG shims but they are no installed yet.

My orginal plan was to run 18x8 with +35 offset with the OTG in the rear.
But I changed my mind and I will be going with 17x8.5 instead. The lowest offset available for the wheels are +25 offset. Which is why I opt for those in the rear.

I DO NOT want to roll my fenders as its a hassle and on the weekends I usaully have a full load meaning 3 of my friends with me and I usaully drive. I do have a system but its small. One PPI 5 channel amp and 1 10" sub in the Image Dymaics box where the spare cubby is.

Tires I would like to run are 215/45/17.

What are you thoughts?
Should I get +25 all around with OTG shim in rear or do +30 front and +30 rear with OTG shims?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Jeremy is running 8.5 too I believe.

If you're not willing to roll fenders, you may run into some problems with the fitment I suggested and OTG shims. I know Rishie was marketing the old Rota D2s at 8.5 inch wide and 25 offset would be no rubbing, but that would depend on the drop. You might be safe doing what I suggested, but you're going to be on the edge on whether it will rub or not.

Is there a particular look you're going for that you're doing this fitment?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am running 215/40/17 tires, goldline springs, and no spacers. I can take some more pictures, what do you want pictures of?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dminner said:
I am running 215/40/17 tires, goldline springs, and no spacers. I can take some more pictures, what do you want pictures of?
Do you pics of the wheels straight and not turned.. I want to see how much the front flush and also the rear.

I might end up with +30 offset all around and OTG shim in rear so make it sit even flush.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice..... That exactly what I am looking for..

Do you rub in the rear???
I think I would do +30 all around with OTG shims in the rear..

I plan on running +215/45/17 tires.. so the 5mm will help out..

·
Registered
537 Posts
I dont rub at all. Im not sure if I would go with the 215/45 though, I think you might rub with the spacers. I think I might rub if mine where a 45 series. But then again im no wheel guru.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm...
I guess Ill have to see.. I really hate how Scion didn't make the front and rear sit even... which is why i want to run either staggered offset or at least use the OTG shims to make it look even...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts