Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying back in the day lowering my ride was more about the look than the ride. My old school mazda pick up is a example of that.

My Xb is a 2006 and i want it to last a good long time. I see all kinds of lowered box's on the net and i want to join in on the fun... However i want to do it right the first time. I would like to run 17" wheels and a 2" drop. I see all kinds of lowering springs out there but no mention of the effect to the camber and/or struts. I remember when i lowered my 3 door civic with 18's in the early 90's, nobody was worried about the way it burned thru tires in about 20k miles! (again looks over function)

Now that i got kids i dont want to be buying tires every other month.
(at 400$ a pop)

So has anyone got the magic setup. Good looks, nice ride, and keep the tires...

love to hear what everyone thinks!

L8R

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
There are a few different springs out that will give a variety of drops. I have never used camber shims so I don't know if they cause irregular tire wear. Springs shouldn't give you any problems.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I've got 17" Konig wheels with 215/40 tires, and Goldline springs. It's not been dropped that long, but the ride is much smoother than stock imo, even in the back seat (the "real" test) Need to get an alignment, but nothing out of the ordinary as far as tire wear. I like 'em, nice price too! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Am Much Older Now Also, And Want The Look And The Ride.
So Far I Have 17's W/ The Eibach Spings (1 1/2" Drop) The Ride Islittle Smoother (but Not Much),it Took Out Some Of The Harshness.
Very Happy! Just Wish I Would Have Gone A Little Lower.

I Have Not Shimmed It But I Am Going To If Needed Cause I Did The Tire Burning Thing Back In The Early 80's , And Now Want To Get The Most Out Of These Tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone on this site WORK for a SCION dealership. I would guess that the installers of the factory lowering springs would know ALL the tricks.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I am trying to decided who to get my lowering springs from and how low I wanna go. I'm going to keep checking this thread out..

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you really want to have the quality ride, I suggest the TEIN SS coilovers or the Cusco coilovers. Both have adjustable damper for when you have heavier loads in them, or if you wanna take some turns w/ the hardcore attitude. Either one is a great set-up, and both ride height adjustable. Pretty pricey though. I ride on the TEIN SS coilovers and I couldn't imagine the ride without them;)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to look into the prices out here for the TEIN SS :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.