Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
So to some conclusion....Air ride has never come up so that means it is not good in this application. Coilovers are fairly expensive and do not give much more than conventional lowering springs will give you.

So the question remaning is Progress or Tein S or Goldline?

Are these assumptions correct?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
ScionitiS said:
Progress just isnt as popular/trendy as Tein and the others. My xB is on Progress drop springs and I love it. My only gripe is that it became not low enough as time went on. Ride is a hair more bouncy (expected), but cornering feel and handling are much improved, thanks in part to the rear sway bar from Progress also.

Recommended from me.
can you explain this further?

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
im sporting the D2 CO's for now, but i rode on GOLDLINE for 2 years and i have no complaints at all.

with the GOLDLINES, ive had my xB loaded down w/ peeps, w/ no problem. no camber, aligment problem. and riding on AXIS TC EVO w/ Perelli 215/35/18

also, "if" you do have a problem with camber, then GOLDLINE has camber bolts that will correct that problem for $20.00

check with NLMOTORING and talk with ryan, he'll hook ya up.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No one has mentioned eibach either are they worth any thing? I think i am going with goldlines though and the alignment kit.

·
Banned
130 Posts
sid said:
can you explain this further?
Indeed I can. The spring drop was fine at first, but now I'm used to it and now I want to go lower! I never measured my stock height, so I don't know how much of a drop I achieved in the end run, but it's not enough.

The drop is great and the springs are quality, I just found my addiction to gravity worsening as time goes on.

In short.. I just want an excuse to buy adjustable coilovers so I can drop it down when I want or put it up when I want.

Low is never low enough..

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Cravin said:
I like my progress springs they are as low as anyone else and the ride is fine for 165.00 price is right too. :)
They advertise 1.5 in the back and 1.7 in the front. This adds to the uneven set up already. Where the goldlines advertise 2 in all the way around. They are even slightly less expensive at the site that thundergod recomends. If i am missising something else then tell me.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
I hate the damn trendy brands what is it with some people, be diffrent dont just go with the flow..sorry i just like just hate seeing all the cars around me with the same setup..everyones got damn teins or goldlines or somethign "trendy", its sometimes the smaller based companies that give more than just an enhancement to the car

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I went with Tien s-tech, not because its trendy.
It went with the drop needed on my daily used xB. The price is if I still remember, $118 plus tax.
decent drop, no rub, ride even smoother than stock springs, and with that price, i'm not complaining.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Got them today

I went with the progress from Summit on clearance.
8-8-06 1 (3)a.jpg
I could not stand the color (that is the reason they were on clearance, because the color change.) Soooooo
8-8-06 1 (4)a.jpg
8-8-06 1 (1)a.jpg
And ultimately
8-8-06 1 (2)a.jpg
:cool: Ohhh yeah
I'll try to put them on this weekend.

·
Registered
485 Posts
id go with goldlines not because they are trendy, but because they are reliable, good warranty, good repuation (which is even better since i know people with it), and the price is perfect for someone with a limited budget being a college student and all.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yeah, but these were $103.45 shipped and they tend to have a great reputation as well. You can't buy the materials for that price.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Well after the weekend and a full alignment here is the results and my I say that it rides great.
8-15-06 (1)a.jpg
8-15-06 (3)a.jpg
8-15-06 (2)a.jpg
Well I like it and my wife dosen't mind too much.
Look at the first pic in the thread for the before and after shots.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Good choice, looks good!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Robert my man...that is a super clean ride....good choice....hopefully by christmas i will have the money up for my suspension, its taking me a while cause of what i'm trying to do with this thing and i'm think i'm going with the TEIN SS setup....and then camber stuff, frame braces, and strut tower bars upper and lower.....i'm gonna try and purchase it all at once...so maybe in janurary i won't have any tippin over problems....haha...holla when you come down again....

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.