Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it has become painfully apparent that my box has become a high roller after installing the new wheels and tires. So the solution then is to of couse lower it. I know that I have quite a few options when it comes to this. I wanted to ask what is the best way for me to go about doing this. I am use to 4wd's and wanting to do the opposite of this.

The criteria:
This is a family car (my wife's technically). I have to keep the drivability factor to the upmost importance or I will hear it everyday untill the end of time. I currently have an opportunity to purchase a factory TRD setup, but will this give enough lowering to look good or is it too small.
Price is always a factor when she is an accoutant

Well what do you think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
TRD is not enough, Tein is the step lower without buying junk. I'm running S-tech's specs 1.7 ands 1.5 in rear, the H-Techs are a little less. They won't give you a slam and should be good for everyday driving.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of these xB owners and only one replay.......come on.

Thanks Padanky

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had TRD Springs and the springs for some reason make the Rear of the car sag. So I changed it up to GoldLine Springs. The Goldlines are a little stiff but either I wanted it lower or not. But I LOVE my Goldlines. I couldnt be more happier with them. Goldline is a 2" Drop.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do I need new, anything else with this set up like struts and new camber allignment?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
like Pandanky had mention, I also have Tien s-tech, and to me, this is the best if you want to lower it, but still maintain drivability. No need for new strut/shock, but if you want more comfort, some have change to monroe(do a thread search). I never had any camber problem too.

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
I have TRDs and they work for now. I hear that Goldlines are great from everyone that has them. scvscions even cut his to go even lower.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I've been thinking of the same as well. I will be using this car as a daily driver I want to be able to drive the car around.

I tought about the Tanabe Df210's but I've been considering the Tein S-techs as well.

The difference in drop is about 1/2 inch. I will be using TRD struts/shocks.

I will most likely be running 17x8 wheels all around and I want to fill in the wheel gap that the xB's have.

If I was to put 19x8 wheels on would you recommend the Tein's or Tanabe's???

·
Registered
15 Posts
ShortBus said:
Do I need new, anything else with this set up like struts and new camber allignment?
You should have the alignment checked and fixed while the springs are being installed. It made a difference with my car after installing TRD springs and struts.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
hayalex6 said:
I love it, no one else even considers the springs which I have. lol.
I used to want to get the ebay springs...lol J/K:p

I plan on doing Goldlines whenever i get around to it...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I guess more prople are running them than Progress, and can recommend them from experience.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Progress just isnt as popular/trendy as Tein and the others. My xB is on Progress drop springs and I love it. My only gripe is that it became not low enough as time went on. Ride is a hair more bouncy (expected), but cornering feel and handling are much improved, thanks in part to the rear sway bar from Progress also.

Recommended from me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.