Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question is that do i need a spring compressor tool to change the stock spring and put the tein S tech lowering spring on the front struts? Or can i do it myself without using a spring compressor tool. Need help or adviced asap

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:) yea u need strut spring compresser its got 2 pieces that go on each side of the spring u only need it for the front springs. Pay close attention to the upper part of the strut assembly make sure u line it back up the same as it was taken apart . The back u jack it up and take loose the bottom of the shock and the spring comes out . Put ur new ones in :D should only take ya 15min on the back maybe 1hour on the front if ur famillar with how to take apart a strut assembly:cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I've done the springs on several Boxes now and haven't used a spring compressor on any of them. I even did the front's on my Box by myself, although I did suffer a little groin injury when the spring slipped but that's a different story. If you have a friend to help you put the spring on that's all you need.

Oh, and no you won't get your head chopped off by the spring when you break the nut off and remove it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im just making sure that i wont injure or damage anything around me when spring pop out. How do you take the spring without spring compressor. do you let a friend hold it down with his feet or something

·
Registered
611 Posts
what do the bumpstops look like? are they necessary to put them on? and do these only apply to the rear springs?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The bump stops are inside the front coils. You can cut the bottom one inch off if you are doing a 2 inch drop. Your springs should come with directions on how to do this. It's simple.

·
Registered
611 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
The bump stops are inside the front coils. You can cut the bottom one inch off if you are doing a 2 inch drop. Your springs should come with directions on how to do this. It's simple.
are the bumps stops required on all four corners or just the fronts?

·
Registered
611 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.